POLL: Flipsky information in one place

It’s evident now that a significant amount of people have bought items from Flipsky and we’ve had some great communication from both users here, unofficial representatives and Flipsky themselves on how things are going but it’s all quite spread out at the moment and lots of people using this stuff have not reported anything at all because they are just out riding with working parts.

Let’s collate and see how it’s going? Vote on what you bought and how it went, explain in a reply if you don’t mind but a vote will do to get an overall impression.

A quick note on this. It’s clear that Flipsky give a damn about our feedback and are working on parts we actually need, filling the middle ground in cost. The point of this post is not to rip into them if issues are common, it’s to help them improve the product. We all want cheap, well built parts don’t we?

4.20 DUAL

• Working well on FOC
  • Working well on BDLC
  • Had problems with 11s 12s 13s
  • Dead on arrival or early issues

0 voters

4.20 SINGLE

• Working well on FOC
  • Working well on BDLC

0 voters

4.20 MINI

• Working well on FOC
  • Working well on BDLC

0 voters

6.6 DUAL

• Working well on FOC
  • Working well on BDLC

0 voters

6.6 SINGLE

• Working well on FOC
  • Working well on BDLC

0 voters

MOTORS

• Working well
  • Loose magnets
  • Solder balls inside can
  • Vibrations or loud noise under load
  • Dead on arrival or other problems

0 voters

10 Likes

Maybe it may be worth adding in the versions with and without heatsink and the alu case as well for the 6.6 single vescs?

2 Likes

Maybe add the 4.12 version and their anti spark to get all their products.

2 Likes

getting in some motors and an anti spark tomorrow, and 2 vesc 4.12 later this week. I will open everything up and take a look.

4.20 is the mini, i think you mean 4.12 single insead of 4.20 single.

Yeah you’re right but I can’t edit the poll after it has begun. I’ll ask a mod for help later when I’m back at my pc

I would also sort it out so its their 6354 and their 6374 since it seems like there has only been talked about problems on the 6374.

Thanks, good idea this thread!

I haven’t the answer I want for 4.20 Mini and dual (working on smooth flat ride 10s bldc, but when I push to much the trigger uphill I got OVER CURRENT and over intensity when braking, I will try if FOC is better now)…

(my click on mini is an error !) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

great thread, would be cool to see more results

I’m currently testing the FlioSky Dual FSESC 4.2 with a 10s4p 30q battery pack using the following config.

Motor Current Max: 30A Motor Current Max Brake: -30A Battery Current Max: 50A Battery Current Max Regen: -40A

I’m still trying some stuff out with the config and gearing, but so far I’m impressed. 27mph max at this point, which is the limit if my current gearing.

Edit: added battery pack to description

5 Likes

Is that on 10s Mike?

Yes sir, 10s4p 30q pack. Added that to my initial post.

1 Like

FOC or BLDC? I don’t know much of esc conffig, but isn’t the batt regen too high for liion?

BLDC, I’ll try FOC after I run through all the options on BLDC.

Not to my knowledge, 20a per group, 4 groups in parallel. I’m using half of that.

2 Likes

Liion doesnt equal liion. 30q actually can take 4A continous and they can handle a short burst, safety>battery.

Then shouldn’t max regen be set at 16?

If u follow the peak continuous charge rate as ur guide yes but we do a lot of “burst” braking

2 Likes

thanks for your parameters Mike ! I don’t know why … I don’t try putting more on batt than motor amps get … I will try this too !!.. Maybe it will help mine.

1 Like

careful with battery current. depends if your battery can derliver it without taking damage.

:wink: yes, thanks Ben, well point ! It should > 10s 5Ah 45C Graphene (extra small, compact and powerfull, was runing them on my light setup mtb last summer)