Our Vesc powered electric skateboards are very powerful, with a lot of functionalities under the hood. What we were missing is way to take full control of these features at a finger tip, without the need of carrying and accessing extra hardware like smartphones.
Just like cars have instrument cluster, electric skateboards can have one too.
Introducing Proton Panel - a digital instrument and control panel that turns your ordinary skateboard into an advanced piece of machinery. ( as seen on https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/5570?u=wajdi)
Proton Panel is standalone, with a new custom hardware and software design, only requires one connection to the Vesc.
Some of the key features:
- Touch screen - 240x320 2.8"
- Real time telemetry right at your sight all the time ( Speedometer, battery voltage, temperature, traveled distance…)
- Built in USB charger
- Menu with different settings and options to adapt to your own configuration.
- Dual UART port for dual Vesc support
- Firmware updates through built-in micro USB, always up to date with latest Vesc changes.
- Built in LEDs driver with touch color picker, effects, front and back lights
- Easy to access and configurable riding preset modes.
- Benchmark mode
- Configurable sound alerts for low voltage, power on, …
- Miles/Km units
- Ultra fast refresh rate
- Does not require the Photon remote or receiver, works with any standard remote
I have been working on this project for the past few months, I have built and tested prototype units with great success. Right now I finished most of the hardware design, still adding and improving on the software, if you want a feature added or have any suggestion please let me know.
Price and release date: Since this is still a work in progress, I don’t have a price set yet. I’m going to have the PCBs fabricated and assembled by a manufacturer to reduce the production time, handle large quantities, and offer the best hardware quality. I have a PCB manufacturer ready and they will quote me a production price once I get the design finalized. I estimate this project to be ready in about 1.5 months from now.
Thank you for reading through, I hope this can be useful for the community!