R/electric skateboarding sucks!

Screenshot_20190801-205201_Reddit

Screenshot_20190801-205220_Reddit

2 Likes

This post says it all

Screenshot_20190801-205402_Reddit

4 Likes

What’s even worse is when you show up to a group ride on your 100% DIY build and everyone’s on one wheels and meepoos. Top it off everyone’s more interested in the new go-kart Tire mr. Mustache wax put on his one-wheel than they are your one of a kind board that’s the fastest thing there :man_facepalming:

10 Likes

I love group rides for the sole fact that people think there meepo is better then my DIY just because its single drive lol.

5 Likes

You dont understand. If I lose my phone I will die.

1 Like

But according to Reddit, you will have a quarter of the torque as a meepo on your single drive :joy:

4 Likes

Yes, this.

Also I need these to get me to work. What do you think the boss would say if I said I can’t come in today because I saved $100 on my motors and they are broken on the side of the road. Or my face is all scraped off because I valued a C-note more than quality parts on my vehicle.

If you think that, go buy a meepo and stfu. That’s why those things exist.

I’m so tired of those asshats. It’s like people playing with model airplanes telling people who fly real airplanes that their shit is way overpriced and they can’t believe how much they pay for a motor. A motor that doesn’t leave you hanging when you need it…

5 Likes

And this is precisely why my next build is going to crush my wallet. I want something that I can set down, pick up, beat up and it won’t break down.

Aiming for zero repair costs just means the initial price will be larger 🤷

I don’t think you can just judge things on price alone though - I mean for the price of an evolve you could build something that would out spec it. If you want to figure out if something is quality you need to apply some common sense and research, which unfortunately quite a few people lack…

2 Likes

i do actually, it was my 1st ever board i purchased like 4 years ago and its still running strong! i also own a DIY Trampa and a EUC, But hey keep judging smart ass because every one of your comments have been a attempt to belittle me in one way or another which proves my point about this forum while also saying a lot about you as human being

1 Like

Just like your whole thread trying to belittle vendors? Except Jason from diyeboard tho right? Super good guy who shares customer information and lies about refunds to trick people into dropping PayPal refund claims?

No no. But the problem is vendors who actually create New products for us like psychotiller does right? Im perfect okay with being an asshole. You don’t seem to grasp that my comments are a response to your attempts to slander a vendor that literally eats, breaths and lives esk8. If you walk into a room and start talking shiiiiiit about people thier friends are bound to speak up.

1 Like

I see you haven’t forgotten the PDX group rides either.

1 Like

Why was that meepo guy so angry… lol

1 Like

trying to belittle vendors? if having a opinion about certain esk8 prices been extortionate is ‘belittling’ then sure im guilty as are a lot of other people because as already mentioned on this thread this topic is brought up a LOT! Ever wondered why? could it be possibly these people have a point: wink:

Ohh and where did i ‘slander’ a certain vender? not once have a dropped a name, that’s you making assumptions and accusations… call it slander, call it what ever you like but the fact is that some esk8 parts ARE ridiculously priced and theres even agreements on that fact on this very thread

You’re a funny guy. Yeah, theres definitely vendors who overcharge. But you definitely pointed fingers at certain vendors that didn’t deserve it. Im not digging through that shit thread to find them. Ill go back to the toxic fourm. Have fun

(Take note that when i say im done here i actually am. Go ahead and have the last word)

Of course your not going back because you know full there’s no evidence to back up your fictional claim and i even addressed such accusations on that thread (Why has this industry been so overpriced for so long? - #94 by davewood1982 - General Discussion - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board)if your on the other forum why not bring over your mates to gang up me like cowards just as you usually do when this topic is brought up by individuals

list a few?

list a few what? parts? you could say most esk8 parts are overly priced because obviously the hobby isn’t that popular so so there isn’t the demand for parts (eg mass production) but that doesn’t change the fact that parts are extremely expensive

vendors that charge ‘extortionate’ prices

As iv previous said, im not name dropping because its slander and quite frankly im better than that to stoop to their levels, its fairly obvious which ones are taking the piss, look around and judge for yourself

And no i wasn’t referring to your shop/website if that’s why your asking, Tbh iv never even heard about you until just now