Raptor 2.1 unrideable

5 Likes

My sink does the same :wink:

Mate, buy yourself a Trampa board. They are by far, the best board on the market! You can choose one of many models, from street to dirt. My Trampa board has a top speed of at least 37mph (iā€™m not gain to go faster than that, but it can). I also have total control over every technical specification that you can imagine (you are able to input your own throttle curves, Amp output, braking input - everything that you can think of can be programmed by you before you ride). The decks are very flexible which makes for an amazing ride. Seriously, why is anyone spending $2k on a board that isn;t a Trampa. GO on youtube and check them out. Up until early this year, the Trampa boards came in a kit which meant you had to build most of the skateboard on your own, but they have become so popular that they now build the boards in the factory and ship them ready to skate. I own a Trampa board but I also own a Evolve GT. The Trampa board is so much more enjoyable to ride that the only time I ever use the Evolve, is when my 2 year old baby girl wants to ride with me (she sits in between my legs which I canā€™t do with the Trampa because I have a board designed for hardcore off-road and therefore, the battery is on top of the board).

2 Likes

@ripcurldog good to know you love your Trampaā€¦but you do realize this is a DIY forum where many of us can build the same if not better performance board with a $1,200 budget

The Trampa mountain board is in a league of its own. Iā€™ve always wanted to build one but donā€™t really have that off road need

2 Likes

Why does this not surprise me? Itā€™s all that Jason guyā€™s fault!!

1 Like

(sucks through teeth)ā€¦ Iā€™d love to see that!! Sorry mate, but the Trampa boards represent exceptional value particularly by DIY standardsā€¦

1 Like

Yep itā€™s game over - ever since Jason threw the rattle and everyone defected to the other forum itā€™s now coming back to bite him!

Damā€¦i never done that before and never had problemā€¦i just wait for the control to connect and just goā€¦lucky i guessā€¦

Believe it or not I received an email from enertion complete with tracking number for new drive wheels they are sending me to replace the out of balance ones it came with . Appreciate them sending them and will llbbe helpfull if I find someone I donā€™t like enough to sell it to

Open your eyes and look thanā€¦

Lol youā€™re funny.

3 Likes

Eyes wide open here :wink:

Not being funny at all, and Iā€™ve spent a long time looking and a long time building. Your oversight is that time is the most underrated expense of them all.

Take the price of the components alone and Trampa boards do indeed represent excellent value, thatā€™s before you factor in labour. I donā€™t know about you, but itā€™d easily be 2-3k worth of my time alone to scratch build something near the equivalent. Research, precurement, assembly, testing, tuning, the list goes onā€¦

Look at the cost of a Bajaboard (which Iā€™ve also owned) - that too represents excellent value compared to most DIY builds that even come close.

Respectfully, Iā€™ve speak from experience - I built a Unity based Trampa from scratch with 100% DIY drivetrain and enclosure, cut every corner to save money - I am a competent engineer not a n00b, and the amount of time that was involved in that alone I could have purchased two ready assembled boards for.

But whereā€™s the fun in that? :wink: Still - weā€™re talking about value hereā€¦

2 Likes

The only post I ever see about them is people fixing broken parts

1 Like

valueā€¦ and trampaā€¦ in the same sentence? really? They are def quality but value? you funny broā€¦

1 Like

Yep because they are far more complex than your typical DIY build so more things to go wrong - and to be fair, very few boards donā€™t have some sort of problem along the way. Even with those issues though, for Bajaboard represents very good value when you also factor in the sheer amount of engineering both mechanical and electronic, particularly f/w development and tuning. There is a mountain of work involved there - literally thousands of man hours, plus the newer models rectify most of the mechanical issues of the previous ones. Weā€™re all beta testers at the end of the day and tbh Iā€™m surprised they then get away with selling the BB for as little as they do!..

1 Like

100%ā€¦ bro :wink: Clearly youā€™ve not done your sumsā€¦

considering I do have a trampaā€¦ and yet I ride my MBS which was likeā€¦ at most 3/4 of the costā€¦ ok fan bois will be fan bois

2 Likes

Noā€¦ we absolutely are not. Iā€™ve done beta testing. You donā€™t pay full price for beta testing.

1 Like

Sums things up pretty well lol

1 Like

To some maybe, many of us actually get an enjoyment out of building, itā€™s actually relaxing compared to my well paying day job. So to say that MY time is costly makes zero sense to those like myself. I like building a bit more than I like riding.

As far as value, if you donā€™t have the tools, knowledge or desire to build then. Spend your money on a various premium boards that are out there. But this is a DIY forum so your love of Trampa basically goes in one ear and out the other

5 Likes

Lol Did you even read my post properly? :stuck_out_tongue: