RAPTOR 2 - PART 2 - The Comprehensive Comparison

9 Likes

Great review. However, I disagree with people insisting on including Meepo for comparison tests with performance esk8 boards on the market. Meepo is a budget board and belongs with esk8boards in the similar price range to Koowheel-Genesis, Yuneec, Acton Blinks, Atom, Lectric, etc…

Fair comment. I had one available though, and a lot of people are interested in getting one, so I figured it was worth adding it into the mix so people could get an idea of how it compares to the more premium boards, performance wise. There are people who have done 1000’s of kms on them already and they’re still going, so I think it’s a realistic alternative to a Boosted.

5 Likes

Good job buddy👊🏼

2 Likes

Thanks man.

great write up! i think it’s the best, objective, unsponsored article on esk8s i’ve ever seen. especially seeing how capable the enertion hub motors are, that’s pretty impressive.

also, called it:

1 Like

What’s the point of such categorization when the budget Meepo is faster in top speed than Boosted dual+.

1 Like

Nice review, fair and honest. The cores not as simple though. I suspect they will have some issues with their first and probably second core design. We’re constantly looking at methods to make our cores better. They are still a delicate part that can be damaged if they are not strong enough.

The raptor 2 is the top dog of power right now in the pre-made market. But things will change.

2018 will be the year of the Rocket board. With larger more powerful 21700’s coming on the market, a new custom high performance BMS made specifically for use with VESC and 21700 cells, 4x new double wide and coming soon, triple wide hummie hub motors, custom cnc milled hollow core 100% Canadian maple decks, and 4x FOCBOX’s.

The future is looking more powerful. I hope to show the world some more at the performance day in a week.

4 Likes

@adrianenertion I wonder what happened with the Raptor 2 shipments, they have been halted. Is there anywhere where I could check the status or if Enertion is updating some parts?

When you have wheels deforming (btw, I said this would happen 8 months ago based on their design), and axles breaking (I also mentioned this would happen 8 months ago), why would you keep shipping?

I saw this coming a mile away, but apparently, I was just trying to shred my opponents product apart so I could promote my own motors. If I wanted to be the only manufacturer with good hub motors, I would have kept my mouth shut. I tried to warn, but I was ignored.

Glad to see them stop shipping so they can make changes and try again. I still don’t see a future with the 8mm axle, especially one that long, but we’ll see if they find some way of pulling it off.

1 Like

yea not sitting thru an hr and twenty minutes.

what’s the tldr?

Axle problem was because of torque when installing the axle into the truck. New wheels with a solid inner hard plastic ring are coming any day now. 50 boards ready to ship when wheels come in. Building 50 boards a week.

Big end of month 3 day sale on focbox, remote, 10s4p 30q battery pack, mtn wheels, 97mm wheels, replacment wheel.

2 Likes

Thing missing from this review, for me at least, is the temperature of the motors before and after every ride. Especially after hill climbing.

Will crack and fail in time… It’s not this simple as hummie and I are finding out… We have 2 solutions we are working on to hopefully fix the problem for good. We know the second option will work, but it’s expensive and more complicated. I would hold enertions hand and give them the solutions, but since my recommendations were ignored before, it would be on wasted breath.

1 Like

Torque from installing axle in truck ? That’s not going to make an axle snap later. Makes no sense. If it was a lot of torque installing it would strip the aluminum threads of the hanger and even then it wouldn’t make sense the axle would later snap. The obvious answer is leverage due to the long unsupported span the length of the motor.

2 Likes

Time to buy a torque wrench /s

already have one thanks!

Good point! I didn’t think of that. You wouldn’t want to do too many of those hill climbs repeatedly that’s for sure, especially on the Evolves. Those motors were super hot!

But but… why didnt inboard manage that steep hill. This New software update promise 40%(!!!) more torque. LOL