RE/PT'ile >> Red Ember Drop Deck / Psychotiller 6x2in AT wheels, x2 190kv 6355 motors / x2 VESC / 10s3p 30Q battery pack

I’m running my 80a Bestech BMS which has max burst up to 200a, with dual Vescs set with 60a batt max each. And motor max at 80a ea. With this setup, my BMS has never overheated.

3 Likes

I was saying 75-120 motor current, not battery.

2 Likes

In case you wondered if the @psychotiller 6x2 AT’s could handle the grass and gravel…here ya go.

7 Likes

And through careful measurement and alignment (not really…this is a Bob Ross happy accident :slight_smile:) you can now stand your board up if there’s nowhere to lean it.

14 Likes

The updated @psychotiller 6x2 AT Wheels (AKA 6 Shooters) are awesome. They do not wobble, they are grippy as hell, smooth as butter. The combo with the Red Ember (@treenutter) drop deck is as lush as I’ve ever ridden.

After careful consideration, I am gonna dub this board ‘RE/PT’ile’ I’ve got some graphics I need to get cut in vinyl, but after they are applied I’m going to liquid grip the deck. There’s a couple of things I want to do like put in a switch plate, relocate the XT90-S and charge port, pad the enclosure a little better…but for the most part, after the graphics I’m going to call it done.

10 Likes

I love it! And thanks for sharing the vid. I love seeing the decks out in the wild!

1 Like

I wanted to update this build log, but couldn’t edit the original post, so here ya go…

BUILD SHEET (Link) * includes links to purchase

I ended up using a Benchwheel remote that I had ordered but had not been delivered yet, I like it better than the mini-remote. I used a 10s3p pack made with Samsung 30Q cells (@PXSS made it) and I must say its every bit as good as a lipo pack, awesome amp delivery, performance is solid. Its obviously more expensive but supports a lot more charge cycles so it evens out.

I’ll post some pics when I get done with the grip. I am still looking to get some vinyl cut for the top of the deck and then I am going to use liquid grip (Lucid Grip) on top of that.

This is the best performing board that I own, and I have 5 total. Its so torquey and fast that I cannot get all the way into the throttle, when I hit 25mph I start remembering im old and don’t bounce :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I may have already asked the question elsewhere but i can’t remember, so here we go: only the @psychotiller hubs can fit on these trucks (a question of width of the axle or something like that)?

Is that a question or a statement? Or huh?!

My hubs fit on all trucks. They were designed specifically for longboards trucks. Also in the side notes here: My wheels fit ALL trucks

3 Likes

It’s a question (as indicated by the ? at the end). And the question was excatly the reverse of your answer: I did not ask if your hubs fit all trucks, but if any other hub (Trampa, MBS) can fit on traditional skate trucks like the Paris in this case.

Where in this quote do you ask about trampa? Or other hubs? You should be more specific.

Are you talking about hub motors or motor mounts? If hub motors I have no clue, been playing hell trying to get a set. If you mean motor mounts, I had to mill down the paris trucks to fit the RIPBA mounts, but it was worth it. THese are he best motor mounts I’ve ever used, very well balanced and infinitely configurable.

2 Likes

I just received a set of @psychotiller Wheels and man, they are worth every penny! Pictures really don’t depict the well thought out design and most importantly, the fit and finish. Super high quality, plus the quality of the machining really puts it above any other AT wheels at the moment.

I can’t wait to put these wheels on my next build!

6 Likes

Thanks Derek! Much appreciated

No, I would have liked to use longboat trucks with pneumatics, but it looks like most of the hubs on the market are slightly too wide for the axle and you cannot tighten the bolt completely. And I am sure I read that Psychotiller hub are just enough narrower to fit on these trucks. Maybe I’m wrong, and I would like to, but I would like to have confirmation of one or the other. Thanks

My wheels aren’t just narrow enough…As I said, They were designed for longboard trucks. They only take up 24mm of axle. Just like skateboard wheels. They are the real deal. Not, sourced from alibaba.

All of the other pneumatics on the market are for mountainboards, (But really scooters, wheelbarrows Wheelchairs or strollers.) With the exception of MBS and trampa, and those have wider bearing spacing and different sized bearings.

7 Likes

Really nice built. I am considering building a board like this. A couple of quick questions:

Are these Paris 195 trucks?

Do you think that Psychotiller’s wheels + Paris 195 trucks will work on Loaded Vanguard deck without a wheelbite?

1 Like

They are Paris 195s. I don’t know about a loaded vanguard, never owned one.

There was some discussion of BMS above in this thread. But what BMS do you actually use in your built? There is no much space in the spacecell enclosure to put a big BMS.

Bestech 10s BMS is all I’ve ever used.