[Reasearch] Reasons not to buy/build Esk8

I doubt that Congo would rank among the developed countries though… But let’s hope that this doesn’t happen and that battery politics will take routes that doesn’t involve child labor, exploitation, war and poverty…

What batteries are made in kongo lol? Samsung is korea Panasonic china/japan Sanyo japan

1 Like

Use the search button. Lol. (the google search)

Cobalt+Congo

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think more cobalt is used for warfare stuff than batteries

@Deckoz LOL +5

1 Like

2 Likes

if people calling you names (casey neistat) bothers you; you should reevaluate more choices than just if building/riding esk8 is right for you…

You forgot to add having to pay car insurance, cost of gas and filling up the tank, paying for vehicle registration, and paying for maintenance.

I remember reading somewhere…that the total cost of having one car for the average lifetime of a person is somewhere around 1 million USD, give or take. Or was the article referring to car insurance…bleh :confounded:

1 Like

I love stone. Have you tried the Fruitalica?? OMG it’s of the heavens…

1 Like

I mean it could be I was using orange wheels, but even after change yells :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved: that Casey name. :expressionless:

Nah, after I found esk8 I got rid of it all. Why?

Sound! By gasoline I mean something with 250+ hp not toyota yaris or something like that nothing luxuirous or anything like that Anyways im a speed freak dunno about you Going 75mph in a 4.5meter boat that when you trim the engine is sliding on water and only 10cm of it touches it is just amazing!

i was speaking more in the sense of; who gives a shit if someone else calls you a name? you’re having fun riding your board while they walk,like peasants!

Long-form name Chemical abbreviation Name format 1 Name format 2 Name format 3
Lithium manganese oxide LiMn2O4 IMR LMO Li-manganese
Lithium manganese nickel LiNiMnCoO2 INR NMC
Lithium nickel cobalt aluminum oxide LiNiCoAlO2 NCR* NCA Li-aluminum
Lithium nickel cobalt oxide LiNiCoO2 NCO
Lithium cobalt oxide LiCoO2 ICR LCO Li-cobalt
Lithium iron phosphate LiFePO4 IFR LFP Li-phosphate

(pulled from batterybros) ( * = found from research)

So…majority of the cells we use definitely have cobalt in them. Can’t be helped… (and a side note : LG Chem is using INR as a base chemistry and Sony is using ICR as their chemistry, so yes they use Cobalt too)

More reading on the different battery chemistries for anyone who’s interested : http://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/types_of_lithium_ion

These Nightcore IMR18650 20A cells don’t have cobalt, someone should try making a test pack and see what happens

These cells are rewrapped Samsung 30Qs and are INR too :wink: :

1 Like

I use a car for commuting since I live in San Diego and use the freeway to go almost anywhere. My esk8 is for recreation so I have no negatives except that they are expensive but so is everything else.

1 Like

yep, I rather think esk8 is cheaper per performance tho. but the high end market is extremly expensive i think

I used to ride a bicycle to work when I was a lot younger and worked close to home. The only reason I took up long boarding and esk8 was to simulate surfing and have a crossover sport during the long wave droughts that we experience in SoCal

2 Likes