Reliable 10s and 12s li-ion chargers

im confused now? whats the highest on 5.5 x 2.5?

5.5x2.1 is 5a safe max

5.5x2.5 is 8a

1 Like

@Dirt_Bag huh?

maybe he got it mixed up. but most sources say it is a 5a for 2.1 and 8a for 2.5

fck

so?..

alot of companies use very slightly different formats, but the general rule is as stated above as far as i can tell. for a chinese cheap connector, i would go by that. if it comes from a site like mouser that rates it higher, i would trust it

That’s what the Rep said, maybe a typo. 5.5x2.5 are available for the 8a

1 Like

mouser rates their 5.5 x 2.5 to 7a for some reason

im just trying to get opinions so i dont melt my connector

not all connectors are equal, you can look and see there are 14a 2.1mm jacks. but how common is that exactly? this is not a standarized assembly part. its just standardized dimensions

then go by the safe minimum, or get specs of the exact one.

link i need one of those in my life

sry @hyperIon1 for derailing

debate, we are going to the higher amp arena of charging. Its necessary and things are changing for it, everyone wants quick and safe

2 Likes

https://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Power-Connectors/DC-Power-Connectors/_/N-axitt

you need to buy a minimum amount for them to accept your order. it would be easier just to make a deans plug or xt30 connector for charging.

im building packs now that can be charged at 15a, they just have to be built for that.

2 Likes

what p count and what cell type? thats some serious power…

my pack can be charged at 30a :sunglasses: no seriously

can you find a 15a charger? thats not the size of a board?

This is exactly what I have…$55 shipped on sale I think, no battery for it but it feels heafty

1 Like

i dont see anything beyond 8a, xt30 somewhat of a PIA to mount

fuse your charge port and enjoy. its done great for me.

1 Like

you can 3d print a panel mount for it, or buy one