Hey everyone! To start off, if you’re reading this thank you! I’ve outlined below my Failed Motor Detection scenerio and as much info as possible. If you could help that would be such a blessing! I’ve really taken my time putting everything together, little by little. I finally worked up the courage to plug in my 10s2p 5000 mah Lipo to a series connector to a 9mm bullet/XT90 adapter to my vesc () to my 6372 motor (enertion).
I was able to connect and flash my VESC and make sure I had the 2.18 firmware as recommended. When I went to hit the detect motor button, I was like a little kid waiting for Santa, until nothing. The motor moved like a centimeter and I was given a message that I had a Failed Motor Detection.
Here is a pic of my read configuration:
Steps taken after motor detection failed: • Flashed VESC and installed firmware path C:/Program Files (x86)/BLDC Tool/Drivers/firmwares/hw_410_411_412/VESC_default.bin • Adjusted current and min erpm • Decreased low duty down 0.1 • Lipo capacity was only 25% first try of motor detection. Charge Lipos to 100% or 42 volts • Tired detecting on both PC and Mac • Tried several length mini usb wires
I tried these steps individually and in combination and still the same results. I’ve also added a picture below of my VESC in case you all can see something in the VESC I cannot. If you need me to take off the shrink warp let me know and I’ll take new pics. Anyhow, I know it’s NYE and most likely I wont’ get many responses but, I’d like you all to know their are some bright minds in here and honestly, building is our fun. But, trust me I’d probably be out if my kid wasn’t sick, LOL. In any case, happy new year everyone!