S-W-Proto | Jet Spud | 12S3P VTC6 | Modular Holders | 6374 x 2 @ 170kv Caliber II | Bevel Gearbox | ABEC 107 | Unity

obligatory hybrid jet turbine post

1 Like

jpg_640x640

2 Likes

vlcsnap-2019-05-29-19h48m23s271IMG_6500

13 Likes

Bruh :clap:

10jason

Like all of the things, but liking the look of those new Evolve wheels (esp the white ones).

Need to sell my 97mm Abec 11s.

yeah ngl these new 97s are the shit, i think i may never go back :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How do they compare to TB 110’s?

They’re totally different wheels. 110 formula is very cushy and certainly very comfortable but fairly “dense” feeling. The 97s feel very light and agile with just the right amount of contact patch and the rebound on the thane is fantastic

3 Likes

image image image

13 Likes

Amazing good looking board. It must ride really nice with the extended wheel base.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s really nice to carve especially with these wheels. Bushing setup too hard for me right now though…

2 Likes

I like the new Evolve wheels. I need to look at it for future. 97mm is a nice spot. I am using on my DD and I like it this wheel size.

3 Likes

Man that looks so clean. That collection is turning into a museum.

2 Likes

:tipping_hand_woman:

5 Likes

Well it’s been quite the adventure…

Did the loctite 648 thing and let it sit overnight. Turns out I’m an idiot and the loctite dribbled through the gearbox and into the wheel bearings. Destroyed two perfectly good bearings undoing the damage the next morning.

IMG_6723

Took it out and did maybe around 4 miles before the left gearbox started dropping again at the hanger mount and gearbox mating point. Last resort, just redo the entire gearbox mounting.

Tried to remove a previously stuck and broken screw, broke the screw remover. Gave up.

IMG_6724

Got JB Weld and mixed that shit

IMG_6730

Remounted everything but found out that mounting it slightly below all the way up would prevent inserting a screw, and also we accidentally bent the screw previously. Gonna get a separate m4 threaded rod and nut to work around it

IMG_6727

Now it sits. If JB Weld doesn’t work I’m done. @MorrisHsu maybe use individual mounting holes like the new marc mounts instead of a sliding mechanism?

IMG_6726

3 Likes

The outer thrust bearing is quite loud :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

:open_mouth: …Awesome climbing ability!

1 Like

Yeah but imo she should fly up this hill with these big 6374 motors. Maybe she is not going full throttle. @sofu are you?

1 Like

Definitely not. Took it slower cause of the hairpin turns

1 Like

yeah i supposed that. no chance to fly up there its to curly.

1 Like