Samsung 30Q FAKE VS REAL

Ive just opened my battery from a cheap but well known brand board. It has poorly faked batteries in that barely get me 7 miles. Some others have started to look inside and found the same fake cells. This goes deep even in branded products. Maybe they dont know themselves and just shovel the sheet on to the consumer

1 Like

How can u tell they’re fake looking at them?

(after a reasonably quick search)

I cant find anything that ever hinted at a 30q wrap with a rounded 3, very odd that its here…

Like Hummie said you cant know just by looking, but it certainly makes my sketch-ometer go to a 10 :man_shrugging:

Aha. Litikola or however the hell you spell it apparently had a massive fake 30q outbreak

1 Like

My main doubts started when i got 6 miles before low battery warning. Also when attached to the 2 amp charger the voltage rose instantly, or at least faster than id expect for true 30q cells. Also it charged in around 2 hours not around 3 as id expect.

Anyway as mentioned on this very page people have been finding out the traits of cells tested to be fake and mine have them. All of them.

The other guy was only getting 5 miles and also found the same mis printed cells as mine.

The name of the fake battery is jingnoo new energy. Id guess all boards using this is fake. It seems to be mostly the smaller 2p packs of ownboard backfire and even meepo show this brand on their pictures of replacement packs.

Ive just ordered a meepo mini 2er with 21700 cells so fingers crossed they are ok as the packs are made by someone else

1 Like

simple rule, you get what you pay for.

1 Like

Ironically exactly what does not happen when you buy “Sansung” batteries from Asia.

Flat top and round top 3s, both completely discharged at 15a continuous on my new battery tester, results were nearly exactly the same. Temp not much over 40 degrees C, and very close to 3000mah, one a little over, one a little under, less than 20mah between them.

I was suspicious at first, the supplier said that different factories have different prints. But the tester doesnt lie :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Unless you have 99 charges left

1 Like

Mine is getting worse each ride lol. It says 4.5ah during charge on my wattmeter but its a bit optimistic by 5 percent and not all that energy gets into the cells im guessing. Thats a fair way off 6ah after a handful of rides. They are trying to say i get 7miles/4.5ah as im too fat and go too fast (80kg and 15mph average). Makes total sense.

Im sure theres 20 different fake 30q cells. Some closer to the mark than others. I have genuine 30q cells in an acebeam x80gt 32.5000 lumen at 20 amp bursts per cell and havnt noticed degradation at all in 16 months use.

We are sending the backfire ones to a guy at Fogstar who is going to do some tests and graphs

Buy from liionwholesale for real batteries. Great reputation and trusted source.

1 Like

Guys, I see that number 3 may have new font as many original Samsungs seem to have it like that. But number under wrap also seem to be a bit off?

What do you think? Those cells cane all exactly 3.556-3.560 (with in 0.004 precision)

Can they be fake or real?

1 Like

seems like you got them already so yolo