Shredlights 💡 - What features would you like to see in the future? What would make them better?

Anyone get these apart yet? I want to wire directly in but don’t want to bust em in the process

I haven’t peeled off the silicone skin yet…if that’s what you mean

Yep that’s the first step I’ll try it tonight and let y’all know how it goes

The version before this one had an actual switch like on our remotes … now it’s this soft push button … works really well

I didn’t read the whole thread to see if someone has said this already but I’d like the usb port to be accessible without taking the light off. The to that are by my motors (dual diagonal) are a bit more difficult to remove and I’d rather just plug them into my boards to usb charging ports to charge while my board is charging.

1 Like

I thought about that, but mine are easily accessible. I was thinking it wouldn’t be too difficult to drill a hole in the mount an run a cable.

Here ya go… Not too difficult, fold the front over, push a little from the back, then pull the inside out. One thing that is not so good is when you separate the the two plastic halves they’re glued together at 2 plastic pins. I broke them but you can re-glue it. Should be able to solder into the power and the switch.

1 Like

there ya go now just use a BEC instead of the lipo

1 Like

I gave mine to my kid, he’s crazy about them. Personally, I am going without lights u til my Blitzu 120H gets here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W7XFCH4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I can hardwire and switch it without too much trouble.

I just did teardown of a shred light and went over the internal as well pretty much just figuring out how it all works. Anyways pretty much the LED Driver IC in there has a max of 6V so don’t go above that, though the LiPo charger IC could have problems if you go above 4.2V. I’d recommend just using a buck converter and turning it down to 4.2 or 4V to be safe. And current draw maxes out at about 180mA so make sure your source can provide that. Then just poke a hole in the rubber sleeve and run your power wires out of that, though that could affect the water proofing of it.

For starters, besides having to charge my Evolve Bamboo GTR AT, I have 6 ShredLights on my board. 2 on the rear and 4 up front with 2 each underneath and on top of my deck so 7 batteries to charge!

Just charging the new generation for the first time after having Gusto from Filipacchi in NYC on Prince Street and 1 won’t turn green after charging. I reversed the plug in the socket which DOES make a difference but still no green on 1 of the on top headlights. It will turn on as white and go through all modes but wouldn’t turn green from charging but stays off. I’ve emailed the company but haven’t heard back.

I’d like to see a way to make the beams wider or be able to point the beams slightly up so more illumination spreads out over board versus parallel the ground. The lenses also should have a larger circumference.