Single 6384 or dual 6354?

I think im going to use them on 10s only on 20a. Overvolting motors is not that bad i think

1 Like

oooh sorry I totaly forgot what was normal.

Iā€™m actually really sick at the moment But hey you know your stuff :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Those motors look viable for science, but if two motors go bad that would really be unfortunate. for single drive Iā€™d say ā€œworth a tryā€ because then you could get something really budget.

Who is b264?

The man, The myth, The legend hobby van soccer mom.

Edit: @ChrisW Heā€™s a passionate esk8 builder I think heā€™s no longer on this forum.

1 Like

Heā€™s a guy with multiple single drive setups built as reliable transportation to replace owning a car.

1 Like

If i snatch some cheap flipsky motors i would prefer them but if i wont i will get two od those

1 Like

I also might build 12s3p lifepo4 pack with a123 cells or 12s2p

Why did he leave?

Hes still around. But hes been silenced with a soft ban. Canā€™t post.

2 Likes

What battery would you guys suggest for a dual Flipsky 6354 190kV motors? Iā€™m running the Dual FSESC 6.6 mini also from Flipsky? I was originally going with a 10S3P from Mboards but Iā€™m having second thoughts.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Depends. What kinda range are you hoping for? What kinda speed? 190kv wil be good at 10s or 12s. What will fit in your enclosure?

Hey @Skunk, thanks for replying!

Iā€™m looking at getting around 35-40km. I was happy with 10S, but not sure if I need to go higher than 3P to gain that output. Iā€™ve got a Landyatchz longboard so anything should fit, as long as I buy the right enclosure. This is my first build as well, appreciating the pointers!

i think for that range 10s4p would be perfect. sony vtc6 or vtc5 have great output

Personally 3p would be my minimum when picking a battery.

you can buy my battery its used for like 30 cycles

I just saw that ur from Australia.

:male_detective::policeman:Go with dual day and night! The total wattage is not the only thing to take in consideration. On a single motor drive, you may still have as much torque as some dual drives but the drag is just terrible. It pans the board sideways (both during acceleration and braking), one of your wheels is always smaller than the others, if your belt snaps, you are basically D E A D, no more brakes (and yes, belts donā€™t last on a single drive), a single motor is more likely to heat up and get beat up quickly. From a stop or low speed, turning while accelerating can make the drive wheel spin free instead of moving the board. Single drive boards also tend to look incomplete with one motor on one side. With dual, you can still ride after one controller fails, one belt breaksā€¦Things to hate about Dual drives: the weight of the board, the cost, and range which isnā€™t always a big deal because surprisingly, dual does not consume twice the single drive consumption. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey @lucas64, thanks for your offer but Iā€™m going to go with a new battery for my first build. It seems hard enough to get batteries sent to me from overseasā€¦

thats true

those are really good points

1 Like