Someone is using Marketing Bots for Enertion

@racidon How is it false advertising when the product isn’t even a reality yet. It’s in production. Who’s to say it’s not what @onloop is advertising? We don’t know yet as it’s still being worked on. The assumptions should probably stop at this point as it’s all speculation.

I’m not talking about the Raptor 2 bud, I’m talking about you saying to someone you have 12" when in fact you have 8" That equivalent is false advertising.

It would be the same as a car manufacturer saying the car has a 6 gears when it only has 5. Or a game developer talks about how a game will have multiplayer when in fact it never does (some will understand the reference).

Or just like every car manufacturer to this day. :wink:

To some degree, yes, it’s speculation, but math is math and science is science. From what we know for example, his battery is a 10s4p from 18650 samsung 25r cells. These cells are rated to 20a continuous, but even Samsung says these cells will have less than 1/3 of the life cycle if you pull 20 amps continuous from them. Unless he changes batteries (which is not likely), we can already see where this is going… People in 6 months will complain about the sag, and shorter battery life than the raptor 1.

The hub motors torque is not known, so I don’t say anything about it. He gets the benefit of the doubt. But they are what, 70/75 kv at 10s with 90mm wheels? 24 mph on flats max, no way they are hitting 28 mph, unless your 100 pounds. 200 pound guys like me get 28 mph at 12s on 90mm with 90 kv motors, 10s with 70 kv motors will get 24 mph maybe, probably less.

We can use science and math to determine things that already known about the board and make conclusions. Range, very questionable too. But we do need to see the motor before we can say for sure.

Almost every number about this board seems inflated, based on what we do know. The numbers that we can’t say are inflated are because we haven’t seen the actual motor yet.

I don’t have any good reason to hate this board. I just just hate people who pour money into boards like this that are promised x, y, and z, and get a fraction of that. Every mainstream manufacturer bullshits their numbers. When will someone rise up and actual break the numbers down by factors, such as weight and rider terrain, so that we can hold board manufacturers accountable to their numbers and consumers actually know what they are getting?

2 Likes

I think theres a lack of repsect overall in the forums, from what I have seen its specifically one person’s part. Why are you getting so mad over such a small thing? It is one thing to say, “nope, it was not me, must have been a very excited buyer or a bad marketing agent” or most commonly your path of action which begins with, “fuc# your couch you a##whole”.

There obviously is a better route, I know everyone agrees with this. Like someone else mentioned to keep this forum clean. There are better word choices for voicing anger.

Nonetheless there is always that one guy/gal that is just blatantly bad at advertising for EVERY product on amazon or any website. Somethings in this thread could have been said better and worded better.

1 Like

To be fair to @onloop , my raptor 1 lived up to or exceeded all the claims for top speed and range, and it really did climb ANY hill I came across. So his numbers for the first raptor were definitely not inflated. Raptor 2 is to be determined. That’s more than I could have said for boosted or any other company’s board. Although I’m expecting chaka’s build (ollin freeride) to meet the claims it is making easily. Also didn’t he say his hubs are 90 kv? That makes 28 mph easily achievable with 90mm wheels.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that here is this handful of user who are always claim against onloop and the others. Basically haven’t seen any positive comments from them.

Everyone should hold their judgments until they get the product, simple as that. That’s what I do. In my experience Enertion isn’t perfect, but they did deliver a product that did what it said it does. It just needed more refinement.

The whole company is basically dependent on this product, if they don’t deliver…I don’t think Enertion will last too long. Onloop should be aware of that, so pretty sure he won’t intentionally make false claims about it.

So everyone hold your shorts…wait until May/June, and if it’s a fail product then you can complain about onloop all you want. And everyone can file paypal disputes etc (which the customer always wins…so it’s in onloops interest to have a solid product).

2 Likes

Testament to onloop/ the forum/ this thread that these users are even allowed to post continued negative bias.

1 Like

At the end of the day Enertion have to deliver. They delivered on RV1 ablet with some niggling issues, learning curves to build the business. The thing is a awesome and you dont tend to find products like that any more. Sure Boosted owners swear by their BB1. The Raptor V1 was the bomb. If you havent owned or tried one I dont think you can really say too much against it or the new one yet.

Nothing is perfect, so maybe RV2 might be just that much better. He He. Here you go use my link.

http://www.enertionboards.com/raptor-2-direct-drive-electric-skateboard/?setCurrencyId=2&afmc=6w

By the way that new up hill video is telling in my opinion of what is to come.

Also to be fair Enertion do run a good marketing campaign. With no real budget.

Also noticed @evoheyax may have your own agenda here since you keep proding. Hows the 4wd going.?

There is a growing trend of negative comments targeted towards myself and enertion products.

Nearly every day there is a new thread or comment that is slandering enertion with no valid reason or facts to support it.

These comments are mostly coming from a select few users and their counterparts who gain commercial advantage by propagating negative feedback towards enertion.

This toxic behavior will not be tolerated, it is beginning to impact on the overall positive sentiment that exists in our community of esk8 builders. If this continues I’ll have no option other than to ban people who choose to behave in this way.

I created this forum so that we can all grow the industry together, push new developments hard, innovate and discuss the joy of esk8 building. I believed that we would be stronger together, maybe I was wrong.

Unfortunately it seems a small minority of users don’t know how to coexist in such an environment and continue to propagate negative energy which is disrespectful to all community members who enjoy spending their free time here reading and learning.

I’ll be reviewing the forums rules and enforcing them when necessary.

I am very disappointed to say the least.

4 Likes

At the end of the day best to leave it to your moderators to enforce the rules. Just wont look great if you do it IMO.

Just concentrate on delivery of the product. Thats all I want to see. Not everyone must like you or your product or whatever. Thats life. I also understand your protectiveness of the brand.

People also want to put another point across and try to back their reason. You have to accept that. You may not be right.

Ppl can read through the crap frm whoever it comes from. Intended or not.

2 Likes

I do think the moderating should be left to the moderators as @Dedbny mentioned.

When you deliver on the raptor 2, all negative comments will stop.

3 Likes

I feel the topic is a bit different… there are other topics around the Raptor2 itself, this is more about the behavior of the user behind the name ‘ridergurl’.

Hope some of you still remember ~7y back when something similar happened with LG. Fans trashing other phones on forums - Apple, Samsung, HTC, etc. When someone unveiled similar relationships bw those comments, LG posted a message apologizing for those users and messages and asked the LG fans to respect others. LG rejected the claims that they stood behind those forum comments and they also rejected and distanced themselves from those users and behavior.

So instead of picking this up, it would have been enough to act similar way: just write that it’s not Enertion who is behind those messages (already written) and reject this kind of behavior and distance himself from those type of comments. Others could think he does not care for such behavior.

R, J.

You’re not the pariah here. I gain no commercial advantage from propagating negative feedback on you or Enertion, in fact, I’ve been a customer and have also recommended your products to friends. I’m also taking you at face value when you say the account is not affiliated with you. As @wmj259 mentioned, it would have been easy for you to say “Hey man, thanks for showing us this user, this isn’t Enertion and we’re working to investigate these concerns. Our great fans maybe overzealous about our awesome referral program so spam can be an issue.” fist bump and we’re on our way. Instead it snowballed.

People like and respect you onloop, you have many fans and supporters and we all appreciate what you do. Conversely you have a side of yourself that can be very condescending (like telling evoheyax and hummie to come back when they’ve learned to build a decent esk8) and divisive in how you react to feedback. If someone I like has food in their teeth I let them know, if I don’t like them I don’t tell them. But hey, if you want to moderate this forum so you only hear people that sing your praises go ahead, more power to you. I know next time I’m not going to bother.

3 Likes

Sorry im not more politically correct & polite when I am being insulted… i am just getting tired of the recent batch of enertion conspiracy theories…

it’s just concerning that because one person says something positive about enertion it’s immediately considered a scam bot…??

Anyway… this matter was dealt with nearly a month ago in the forum it occurred on.

This is my response:

HI esker8s, please take off the conspiracy hats for one second! Firstly, I wouldn’t spam my company its not really my style… I have a clean track record on Reddit, you all can look at it, here: https://www.reddit.com/user/onloop/ |||| Mostly i write comments to help folks… Also, I don’t really need to spam… I own a forum that has 5 million viewers. I could spam that forum if i wanted… Now, take one moment and think about this fact: We are currently running a referral program that rewards people with $100 if someone buys a raptor after clicking their referral links… It simply looks like a bunch of enthusiastic referees trying to spread their links.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/comments/5d706q/enertion_boards_is_using_spammy_shill_accounts_to/?ref=search_posts

3 Likes

@onloop The way you say things is little bit depressing:

This is not very friendly to us, the users of this forum. We don’t want to be owned by you, please. It would be nicer if you say “I am the founder of this forum”, or “I support this forum”.

And you say the same thing in your kickstarter video - makes me feel owned again. Please love us, instead of owning and

Just a friendly advice

1 Like

I’ll tone down the rhetoric, but the reason I say what I’ve said is because

a) I believe it to be 100% true (honestly) b) Enertion started a smear campaign against hummies motors with that jacob vs hummie motor test, likely because he knew back then hummie was a big competitor for him. He continued this rhetoric in his whole raptor 2 campaign, and especially, just 2 days ago, antagonizing both of us. This has gone both ways, and you (Jason) have already damaged our reputation by smearing our work.

There is a line, and I need to shut my mouth, because I’m not gaining anything from pointing out what I believe to be the flaws of his product, I’m actually losing from it.

So I’m done talking about the raptor 2… I’ve said what I believe is the case, we will have to wait and see.

I’m going to go back to being productive and do something positive for the community.

6 Likes

@onloop, I am not saying you should be quiet, but to throw insulting words out at something thats just stupid…is not worth it. If I had the money I would buy your board in a second.

Theres a page like that for everything in the world. One for Samsung, one for Apple, one for Acura/Honda/Nisssan…theres even one for the toilet paper people use to wipe bums with. I don’t understand the point of that link.