Something something

I’ve got you brah.

6 Likes

To you too mate

7 Likes

Sorry but :rofl: I’m giggling a little bit

It is all part of the learning process though, with how to control a Chinese factory and not let them control you.

2 Likes

Am I missing what’s funny? We run an 40 amp openloop test for 30 seconds or so and look at the delta T. This number is significantly larger if the heatsink is installed incorrectly and doesn’t pass our test jig.

1 Like

Yeah I was laughing because a lot of FOCBOXes were shipped with the wrapper still on the thermal pad. I’m glad this has been resolved once and for all :smiley:

3 Likes

well that test is quite multipurpose, stresses the unit, we are also able to identify if there’s a missing fet in the circuit (bunch of fets in //)

Exactly. China factories are famous for sending high quality shit then once you are not worried they start cheaping-out on your ass and trying to fuck you. Usually QC is the very first cost to be eliminated.

I’m glad you have automated tests so once they start trying that bullchit you will catch them immediately.

Hence, what I meant:

You should perform the thermal load testing in a vibration simulator :wink:

1 Like

But there was that one that had the jst connector on backwards

1 Like

the tests are actually done twice, once at PCBA level, and once the unit is fully built. at pcba level we’re looking to catch a missing fet, once the unit is assembled we’re looking to catch a bad heatsink install.

honestly not crazy

2 Likes

The negativity continues…

1 Like

The elusive special edition I have received. Took like under a minute to fix. Not a big issue in my book.

Too much eggnog. :smiley:

1 Like

Get out of my house :smile:

1 Like

Well I was talking about negative guys having too much, but now I am wondering if you’re actually the neighbor who is playing VR naked over the street with only a santa hat on his private parts.

3 Likes

excuse Jeff, he’s a little touchy when his eggnog feels threaten

1 Like

I kept his eggnog in place, BUT I stole his sweater while he was busy with VR!

3 Likes

Carl had said there was 200 out in the wild and that there were no complaints. And I was simply correcting that there was one issue even if it was small it is still a issue and it had a QC passed sticker on it but looking at it you could telll something was wrong. No negativity just a simple fact.

2 Likes

That’s super helpful thanks! Honestly there’s been a few other issues as well… But we are making sure everyone is taking care of appropriatley.

1 Like

And that is great but there can’t be something said that people know is a false statement. He was able to fix it himself which save you guys from shipping and fixing it yourself. There was nothing negative behind it

1 Like

Try imagining me posting to forums multiple times saying the things you created are hideous colors. Try imagining me emailing you a set of instructions on how to paint a board, when you already know perfectly well how to. Then I hop on a forum with all your customers saying I emailed you instructions on how to paint the board (during the Christmas holiday) and you still haven’t done it. I tell them all you must be neglecting your duties and are doing a shit job. This is how you treated me thus far. Don’t be surprised when I don’t like you :slight_smile:

Here’s a few things you’ve said about the stuff we’ve worked so hard to create:

This is just a sampling. Maybe reflecting on the ways you’ve chosen to interact with me can help you understand my reaction to your comments.

2 Likes

Ok I didn’t email you and you had said you were trying to find a coat effective way and I have used the software in the past to run old software. And that was actually something I tried before I even sent you the pm to make sure it wasn’t hard and did that out of kindness all you had to say was thanks in the pm and that was it. And I had said in several of my posts that I understand that you were busy handling the firmware issues. The one about the dead one was just me stating that there was the first dead unity I didn’t say it was faulty from the factory. Not once did I say you were doing a shit job so don’t even say I did.

The fact that you guys didn’t make sure that there was a Mac user amongst the beta testers is not covering the whole community or atleast make sure there was a tool for the unity because if I bought a unity in the first batch and then found out I would be pissed because it would be something I spent a good amount of money on and couldn’t even use it. I’m not saying there has to be an app but atleast a Mac tool like enertion has for the focbox.

If you want to say my boards are hideous that is fine I can take the criticism and not getting pissy because I have had hundreds of people say they were beautiful but multiple people have stated they didn’t like the orange and felt it should have stayed the black like the betas so it was just me.