SpaceCell Vented - Custom Build

Very sorry for your loss

Not sure if it can help but could you please take a picture? Sorry for your loss!

2 Likes

Gotta be a battery failure. Where you able to salvage anything?

Salvaged nothing. Everything went.

Good lord, that sucks man. So sorry for you.

What about the fuse? It should have prevented this. Was it removed?

IMO if you didnā€™t tamper with the space cell at all itā€™s enertions fault. The battery is supposed to have a BMS and fuse in place to prevent this sort of thing. If your battery caught fire then the short must have been internal since the BMS and fuse did nothing.

Was your battery damaged beforehand? What was your enclosure like? Did you run over anything that could have pierced it?

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m so confused that this happened. the fuse was never tampered with.

No that was the very first time I had ever taken it out on the street. The first time was at my schools rubber track.

Was extremely careful not to messed with anything or have anything mess with the battery

What about the enclosure? What was it like? Do you have any pictures before the fire? I looked at all your settings and they look good.

There could have been one or more faulty cells in the pack that just overheated and ignited. Thermal runaway.

How long have you had the space cell? Maybe you should send an email with that pic to Enertion

I literally received the space cell about 1 week ago, made sure the enclosure was safe. Nothing could have pierced it and messed with anything internally.

I donā€™t have a picture but I know that the enclosure was under no stress and was fully water proofed.

My board was about as new as it can get

1 Like

Yep. Iā€™m trying to rule out external sources of error. If his enclosure was clean and safe then itā€™s absolutely the manufacturing. If it was a bad cell, the BMS should have helped to keep it in check while charging. Iā€™m assuming he has no way of knowing individual voltages for the series packs.

Whether it was a bad cell or a bad weld, I think this one is on Enertion. Hopefully they will do right by him

Iā€™d hit up @onloop and enertion support. I think you got a good case to get it covered under warranty (if it has any)

Thank you all for the help. I have the upmost respect for all of you taking the time to help me. Sorry about my rude attitude earlier, I was just hit with huge emotion, because so much has been saved up for my board to be made and it literally went up in flames within days.

1 Like

I love enertion and couldnā€™t get enough of watching videos of enertionā€™s products. I have contacted enertion support. I hope @onloop and Enertion can find a way to help me out.