SpaceCell Vented - Custom Build

I’d be pretty pissed too… specially since it looks like you did everything you could to keep it safe! It looks like you were almost exclusively using enertion parts too which is good I guess since it’ll be easier to claim that you weren’t using any shady components.

Everything electronic was enertion except for the motor. The motor mount and pulley were also enertion, along with the trucks and wheels. Remote was from torqueboards website

Hey mate. This totally sux. Sorry for your loss.

Please share some pre-fire photos with our customer service team. We need to see your install.

With the info we have now its hard to diagnose the issues.

At this stage there are two likely possibilities.

1. The products were somehow faultly and we cover everything and get you running again.

2. The install was somehow bad. Specifically, the deck was too flexy. The cells (welds) got damaged and got over discharged or short circuited.

Please talk with support and provide all the details. We’vr never seen this happen with a space cell before so we are taking this matter very seriously.

Regards Jason.

9 Likes

@onloop, Thank you for being a very awesome company, I sent over the pictures I had of it beforehand. I hope it can help.

1 Like

@onloop is really good about getting things replaced when a defect is present. Sorry that happened to your board dude. That’s gotta be such a shitty feeling. I’m really curious to what actually happened to it.

I think everybody is curious, this could happen to anybody :frowning: I’m sorry for you mate

Omg!!! Sorry for your loss mate.

wow ! that’s how most of the dinosaurs disappeared !

:slight_smile:

Most… does that mean there is still some around :anguished:

2 Likes

Yes, alligators

3 Likes

ahh you saved me !

2 Likes

That’s not a carbon fibre deck is it? Enertion didn’t wrap that line of batteries (mine wasn’t anyway) so it could potentially short on the deck itself or something in the deck shorting the battery itself.

No it’s not carbon fiber

1 Like

Wow this is crazy! But I gotta say, it must have been pretty cool when it went up in flames ey?! Obviously I’m kidding idk what I would if my board died, I’ve put so much time and effort into it. Anyways it sounds like what @onloop said about the board being to flexible could be a problem, but how flexy was your board? Like I could see a problem with a boosted deck and having the space cell in the middle lol, but just a bit of flexibility would be fine.

Would you mind posting your pre-fire pics here for us to see?

1 Like

In the beginning of the thread he mentioned a 39x10 7 ply hard rock maple deck. That shouldn’t be too flexible for a 180 lb rider

This is all I have of it before

That SUCKS! So sorry to see this…

Do you have a link to the deck used? it looks like a downhill style board w/ a profile/raised edges which should stiffen it from flexing… and at only 180 - this shouldn’t be flexy i think. But link and we can confirm?

Great to see @onloop jump in here. I’ve had exceptional customer service from him and his team the few times i needed it. Fingers crossed they are able to help you out!

best of luck.

Yeah here is the link to the longboard deck, I got it from this company based out of Huntington beach in California where I live. They are family owned and make beautiful longboard decks.

Damn!

Glad you got out of that okay.

Enertion is a pretty standup company. If it turns out to be a faulty space cell, I’m sure onloop will make sure you’re taken care of.

What was the condition of your enclosure? Flexy decks and batteries don’t usually mix well, but if your deck was flexing too much, It’s very likely that your enclosure would have cracked before your battery pack blew. [quote=“Jwiz, post:23, topic:18305, full:true”]

[/quote]