Sparkle v1.0 GT2B enclosure mod by OKP

few tweaks, printing the last iteration hopefully and that should be fine !

5 Likes

Hey @unik, how’s it looking?

I just received another FS GT2B today and I’m contemplating if I should put it in Mad Munkey or if I should try your mod :slight_smile:

thanks mate; it’s looking busy. I was lacking of PLA but my days at work are quite intensive. I should be really close to the final version. Print is done on the top enclosure and now I need to remove the support material (which is a PITA!) and then give it a try.

Awesome! I have a shitload of PLA and a GT2B begging to be violated so if you need a guinea pig, just throw the files my way and I’ll start printing.

Are you printing them with the hollow side down?

I printed a Mad Munkey with hollow side up and it went just fine.

thanks, no the reverse. I want to reduce the post production quality but still need to find the proper value to have this support to release easily from the structure!

I now need to fix the ON/OFF area and that will be finished.

2 Likes

Looks awesome!

Like the sparkle printed in the remote! Looks very slick.

Where are you planning to place the usb port?

I printed the one from thingiverse, but my GT2B is still on it’s way so can’t fit.

thanks ! the USB port is on the bottom side

I need to tweak it a little bit more, especially the ON/OFF section but I don’t have that much time these days

good night/day all !

Lookin good! I’ve had my eye on this mod for months ever since i stumbled upon it on Thingiverse

I gotta ask though… why SPARKLE??

thanks ! because I like sparkles, and beams :slight_smile:

i.e. this has nothing to do with a brand it’s just a personal project. At this time, I’m consuming quite a lot of PLA, so one I’m happy with v0… I may be looking for one or two testers so I can improve it

Sounds fishy… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m getting a small scent of a new product name. The Unik Sparkle :joy:

eheh, not really; selling a product as a brand is one thing but giving back to the community is also really important to me since I’m in the DIY. I learnt a lot and got even more to learn. I started Unik because I wanted to get better products below my feets but I also really enjoy sharing.

this one will remain OKP :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aha, so it’ll require some modding. That’s no problem hehe :slight_smile:

If you’re ready to release the file’s please let me know cause it looks allot slicker than the other ones. And would love to print it, but first I need to get my hands on some PETG, think a semi translucent one will look sick.

ps. If had some money left I would order one of your decks, they look great.

hey mate! thanks for the love; I really do this because I like DIY nothing to do with the brand :slight_smile:

Just back from the work day… got this printed!

1 Like

well, took the few minutes I got tonight to remove the support material… and proceed to the assembly. Seems to be OK :slight_smile: and as usual… photos of the raw printed material assembled ! By the result… I’m pretty happy to say that this is gonna be my remote for 2017.

9 Likes

Are the .STL-files available for the latest iteration?

not yet; I will be testing the remote today in real conditions to see if any further improvement is needed.

just finished checking if everything was fine in BLDC; seems to be OK.

So the test was a sucess?

@charster10 :slight_smile: Did I say I already tested it ?

@all I’m wondering if I should leave the antenna wire going out or just put in inside the enclosure. I think 2.4 is pretty solid and this is PLA.