Sparkle v1.0 GT2B enclosure mod by OKP

Oh sorry aha when you said you had finished checking it in bldc for some reason i just missed out the bldc part, oops!

The suspense is killing me :slight_smile:

For my Mad Munkeys i leave about 0.5" of the antenna hanging out.

1 Like

yeah, will do the same and see how it goes ! I have not ridden it yet; few hours leftā€¦ but Iā€™m pretty happy with the raw result as I spent some time to make it as ergonomics as I can. Wow, just notice that I spent like almost three PLA filament rolls of 1kg on this one.

I will be happy to make a donation for your troubles. You put a lot of time and money into your development and the products seem to be awesome.

Same here, no problems with donating. Especially to keep cool mods like these going.

Think the PLA wonā€™t really block the radio signals, but just like @rwxr I think Iā€™ve seen the wire come out a little on all mods. Better save than sorry I guess, and doesnā€™t look bad.

Anyone got experience with PETG and a reliable source to buy it in Europe?

1 Like

@mptrs thanks mate; I use ZYYX PLA filament; the stock one; itā€™s a bit more expensive; but itā€™s performing really good. No tuning at all. I may give a try to other filaments. So I get it directly from ZYYX website. They ship fast and the service is really outstanding.

3 Likes

That looks sickšŸ‘Œ

1 Like

go for high resolution and hope you like it !

4 Likes

On thingiverse yet?

Iā€™m seriously getting sick of youā€¦ heā€™ll post it when heā€™s happy with it.

7 Likes

Nice vid! I so like that board!

Itā€™s on my wishlist ^^

But first I need to start working on my first build, than I can always change deck I guess. Or build another hehe.

Oh and ordered a test PETG from a dutch company which should be good stuff. And ordered some new PLA there as well. https://www.3d4makers.com/

1 Like

In doubt, get the jet spud 29; itā€™s really awesome and itā€™s cheaper. My deck based on the Jet (which in fact has been really tuned to my needs) is not that expensive, itā€™s just handmade in France by a one man company that love skateboarding and art. Really love what he does an integrate some fibre glass in it. Unfortunately, the limited amount of deck I have produced are for customers; and Iā€™m not riding one because I reinvest all the money in R&D.

This weekend was quite intense, I was on the ride, getting footage, finishing one other project, fixed a buddy battery where one of his cells failed in a 10S3P spot welded build, editing/posting videosā€¦ so didnā€™t have time to work on the GT2B enclosure. I will be posting it this week to the community so stay tuned!

Take your time haha

For my project I first need to settle on a VESC and a motor. Got two GT2B now, will take one apart and try to fit it in the case the topic started with. Should be a clean fit without modding. Got that one printed and lying around anyways.

modding is really ultra easy to do; and you get a sleek ergonomics.

1 Like

days are going fast ! account created. Will double check my model and post the appropriate content as planned.

hey, as promised here you go.

any donation will be immediately reinjected in PLA material to improve this remote and move it to v2.0.

3 Likes

Awesome job okp! Iā€™ll print some as soon as I get some new nozzles for my printer. Iā€™ll send you a few $ as well. Where should I send it?

Changed the title

Thank you @unik! I will try to get time to print and do the mod this weekend. Will report progress here.

Also, a donation is sent :slight_smile: