Sparkswitch + UART and nrf modules on 1 pcb (Arduino Compatible)

UPDATE:

Top of the Circuit

Bottom of the Circuit

Information & Testing of the Circuit: I’ve got this for 2-3 weeks ago. I mounted all the components with hot air.

After some testing I got it finally running. I tested with a code that when it recieved a 1, the lights would go on, 0 lights off. The sender had another version of the Nrf24l01, I was worried it wouldn’t be compatible but it was :wink:

I was testing the power input with 11.1V and it did the job, lower the voltage to 3.3V! I have shorted the circuit a few times, it smoked. But I didnt destroy any of the circuit only a lane in the copper where the ground is input, that’s why I have a black wire going to both of the grounds.

Range Test: I did a range test with having one in my room and the other in the living room, around 20-25 meter distance. It worked perfect! And responsed way faster then my expectations!

Uploading the Code: To upload the code you just connect to the pins with a ftdi usb to serial port. You chose the card with the processor in the Arduino IDE(Arduino Pro Mini) Then the COM port of the ftdi. Press upload, then done!

Vedder Switch At Top: The Switch works perfect! Turns of the power and on like it should do!

I’m gonna make a new Vedder Switch with a momentary push button! What I mean is when you press a momentary button it turns on an IC, When the IC is on it keeps the gate of the MOSFET on until you press the button again!

You can change the settings with how long you shall hold the button for it to turn on/off, with using a jumper between two pins or a button with 4 position?

I will start sketching/testing it soon.

Some Regrets: The green led on the left of the red led that indicates the power should not have been set to pin 13. Because the Nrf24l01 is using that pin for sending/recieving so I have no controll of it. I rather should have chose D8 pin. But it actually shows when its reading, the green led is flickering so fast that it looks its on with a very low brightness :wink:

My Carbon Board(Almost Finished)

Thickness 2.8 cm

With The Cover On

Carbon Board Info: The board is cut out in wood, then later wrapt in carbon. The carbon process took about 1 week.

All that is left to do on the board is to drill a few holes for the wires to the motor and for the on switch.

3 Likes

Video:

I have made that it has a slow acceleration but fast down accelration, like when you shall brake

4 Likes