For those of you who haven’t been to this page before, I will be keeping the pictures and dates below so that you can see the edits and progress that I’ve made. For those of you who may have the same problems that I am having/have run into, I hope you can maybe learn something from my mistakes.
(5/5/16) Hello, this is my first build, but it’s coming along nicely. With a budget of 500 and a decent amount of resources around, I’ve made progress. For starters, I have a custom lasercut deck that I’ll be staining and adding griptape to in a couple of weeks. I’ve already mounted the trucks and wheels, and I intend to mount the motor soon. I charged the batteries last night, and will test run the motor later today. Where I’m stuck is the enclosure. I have a 3d printer that I can use, and about 50$ left that i didn’t spend on the initial parts. Any suggestions to help would be greatly appreciated. Here’s a picture without the electronics:
(5/6/16): Thanks so much for the suggestions guys. Here’s a picture of what I added to the board last night. Haven’t been able to test the motor yet because the connection to the ESC from the batteries is weak, but Banana connectors are their way in the mail.
(5/7/16): So I took the trucks off temporarily, and stained the board. Will be putting polyurethane coating on it tomorrow. (Picture below) Unfortunately though I’m still stuck on the enclosure, except for a different reason. Can’t figure out how to make it so that I can switch the circuit between running the lipos and the motor to charging the lipos.
(5/9/16): Rejoice! My banana connectors finally arrived in the mail, which means I can complete the circuit and test out the motor. I’ll solder those on later today. The stain on the board looks incredible, all I have left to do with that is put on the polyurethane coating and then slap on some grip-tape (most likely with a lasercut design). Here are some pictures:Uploading…
UPDATE: (5/13/16) The 3d print worked somewhat. My ESC enclosure failed, and the lid for the battery enclosure failed, so I used a dremel to cut old abs, and glues multiple layers for a decent lid. It is secured with hair pins and more glue. Here’s a picture before and after I put on the lid: