Stealthboard~6s 5000Mah~149Kv SK3~Custom Deck~Torqueboards Mount/Wheels

You do… I didn’t and blew up a battery. I still don’t know why it works like that though

http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/viewproduct.asp?idproduct=61690

My board had it’s first official accident. I was on an errand to find a specific sign, and passed a skate park. A couple of people asked if they could try it, I said sure. Within the next 5 minutes a few different people tried it, and they all had a lot of fun, until one guy decided to go full throttle and crashed. The edges were torn up, the motor gear came loose, and I had to slowly push my way home. I used a sander and a few coats of poly to get rid of the scratches, that’s almost done drying. Also decided it was time to clean the bearings, so I took each wheel off and did a thorough job. I usually love sharing my creations when people ask, but I think that my board is just too important to me (my precioussssss).

On the bright side though, I got the picture that I wanted of the sign! They can try to stop regular boarders all they want, but nobody will be fining me for riding an e-board less than a mile from my own home! (non-motorized :joy:)

3 Likes

I’m actually just setting up an GT2E in the MOD you linked. But once I took the eye tropics out of the original enclosure I only managed to connect to the board once. Right now when I try to bind the transmitter to the receiver the green light on the remove is solid, won’t blink and the red light on the receiver won’t turn solid to signify a connection has been made. Any thoughts?

Connected to the receiver from the top is the link loop, then the power supply with the positive in the center pin, then the y cable for the ECS’s.
The transmitter itself has the potentiometer removed from channel 1 and currently is powered by 2 AAA batteries in series that I ended up taping to the outside of the MOD enclosure since I couldn’t get them to fit inside and I’ve checked all the wires and metallic surfaces for shorts so now I don’t know what to do.

Anyone experience something similar to this with their GT2B?

Maybe you provide some pictures. Hard to understand without. Maybe you can even create a new topic that everyone will respond

SO: Board is dead. For now. About a week ago I finished a ride around the park and charged my batteries as normal, but when I finished one cell on each battery was a full .2 volts off. I then discharged and recharged them separately. One battery has no difference, everything finished charging and the third cell was still .2 off.

The other was a full .8 off (Was totally shocked, panicked for a bit, forgot to take a picture)!! I proceeded to make a gamble and did a few tests running the board with one battery at a time, and then both batteries. No problems, neither battery is puffy, but I’d still rather not take my chances.

With that being said, I have decided it’s time to upgrade the entire system again. My friend who I am working on a build with right now received his super small controller from @psychotiller and he is absolutely thrilled. We did a few tests using his electronics but with my motor (waiting on the hub motor from torqueboards), and it works like a charm.

I think I’ll order that as my new controller since I’ve been talking about it for a while. I also ordered a voltage meter that can take up to 50V, so I’ll solder that into whatever system I end up updating to.

Also, with all of the problems I’ve run into with LiPo batteries, I have now spent over 100$ on a 6s 5000mah system! On top of that, these things are so finicky and with the recent problem of over .8V off from where all cells should be, its a serious safety hazard. I am officially deciding to upgrade to a Lithium-ion system, and I’m hoping for at least 10S2P (Integrated BMS would be awesome!). I know a lot of you make lithium ion packs and I don’t have the space or money to make one by myself. Hoping not to spend over 300$ since its likely I’ll be owing someone money for this :laughing:. Any takers?

UPDATE: I went for a 4 hour search through internetland last night and found someone with the same problems I had. He recommended discharging the batteries down to 3.2V per cell at a rate of .2 amps. I thought it was a bit extreme, but at this point I was willing to try anything. Afterwards, he balance charged them fully at a rate of 1 amp. For this of course I was forced to turn off the automatic timer and safety limits for the charger. However I woke up this morning and looked first thing. After nearly 12 hours, the battery that was nearly .8V off on one cell is back within safe parameters!!

I have yet to charge the other one, but this strategy seems to have worked quite well. While I will still be looking for a lithium ion replacement battery, it seems that for now I can at least ride my board again without the fear of catching on fire :slight_smile:

So much fun to be able to ride this thing again :slight_smile:

1 Like