Subsonic Century 40 | Suftrodz | Bergmeister | eboosted enclosure | 6355 motors | 12S4P Samsung 30T

On of my rear wheels spins faster than the other one as soon as I get to full speed, is there anything I could do to fix this?, the board feel very unstable as soon as this happens

1 Like

:exploding_head: Ho My Lord of esk8 !!!.. Breathtaking :heart_eyes:

Edit : sorry … can’t help you with that …

5 Likes

Guys I upgraded my motors from the flipsky 6355 190kv to the Maytech 6365 190kv and OMG! this board is just a rocket, I didn’t know I was going to feel such a big upgrade in torque, speed and power. Maybe the Flipsky motors were 170kv, they also were making this weird sound, magnets touching the stator.

All in all this upgrade was so much worth it, the final board is so powerful I need to adjust my thumb precisely but feel with a lot of control. 30Ts are my all time favorites

20190521_183202 20190521_201134

Light for night rides: 20190523_191833

11 Likes

I also have the Maytech 6365’s (actually 6369 by measurement) and they are 200 KV. Are you sure yours are 190 KV?

1 Like

Ohh then that’s why I got a better top speed! Anyways they feel like 30kv more than the flipskys

1 Like

How many battery amps are you drawing per motor? I’m planning my battery pack now and want to make sure I have enough peak amps.

1 Like

I’m runing 50A of battery amps per motor 100A total I might test 120A soon but 100A is already too much to go full throttle without holding your ass tight

3 Likes

I got a visit from a member of ESk8Miami and so took him for a ride around Lima

10 Likes

I am torn between this deck/enclosure vs the Landyachtz Evo Falcon 40″ for a similar Bergmeister build. The DS enclosure on the Evo is appealing… any idea how many 20700 cells this can hold @Eboosted?

1 Like

You can fit a 13S4P 20700 cells, however I’d suggest you go 12s4p made of Samsung 30T for high discharge currents or 40T for maximum range.

The subsonic deck has a couple of nice advantages it’s not as common as the LY Evo and the lower standing platform with the dewedged ends and combined with Surfrodz RKP gives you an out of this world high speed stability, amazing control with loose trucks and really low center of gravity, it also has disadvantage, it has a low clearance on Bergmeisters, however if you use 1/2" risers you are good to go and can go over every obstacle on the street.

The Evo is a classic build, it has a really nice shape, the drop is not as aggressive as the subsonic century, another benefit of the Evo is the deck is good for inwards mounting of 6374 motors out of the box on the subsonic you need to move your rear baseplates mounting points towards the rear in order to mount the motors both inwards and outwards. The Evo is also very stiff much stiffer than the Century, so you might feel more road vibrations than the Century which is more forgiving and comfortable

Hope I was able to help people taking the right decision about their next build

10 Likes

Thank you for the excellent comparison! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Time for a build weekend (and log soon)… well done @Eboosted!

8 Likes

You will love this board @agentdev, it’s all I want to ride these days

3 Likes

Did you ever figure this out? I think I have this too with my Unity and 170kv maytechs and bergies.

No. I still have this on all my boards, just try to slow down acceleration when I’m near full speed and bend my knees to have more stability, some of my builds have dual FocBoxes in parallel and the others are on Unities, all have the same issue.

1 Like

It’s weird, the Unity+bergs combo is my first pneumatic, and I’d never noticed the effect on my other boards, most of which get extended runs with the throttle pegged. It feels almost like it’s trying to induce the wobs. Maybe it’s the gearing. Thanks for the feedback, very helpful.

I think this effect only occurs when you have enough battery/motor power to reach full speed fast enough, if the battery/motor are medium/small the effect is non perceivable as it reaches top speed gradually

1 Like

Thanks that makes sense, my setup it on graphene lipos, also a first for me.

1 Like