"The Avenger" | Jet Spud | MAD Fury DIY Direct Drive | 12S3p 30Q | Focbox Unity

Up hill test… Enjoy :grin:

2 Likes

My little buddy got some love :grin: I finished the MAD hubs conversion to Direct drive. Added focbox unity and I am enjoying the ride. These hubs are really strong at 12s. I have to get use to it. They try to throw me off everytime :laughing:

IMG_20190209_004142 IMG_20190206_233031 IMG_20190209_132706 IMG_20190207_001208 IMG-20190124-WA0007 IMG_20190212_005821 IMG_20190207_001233 IMG_20190207_001116 IMG_20190207_001340

Links to the topics:

8 Likes

Awesome work !! Thanks a lot for sharing mate :+1:

Ok now lets read the MAD Fury :wink:

1 Like

and then MAD storm! :laughing:

1 Like

Hi Alessio, I love this threat very much and I think I learned a lot. All of your working steps are very transparent and I will lean on this threat when Im building my own board(if that ever happens:confused:). Its always a pleasure for me reading your threats.

1 Like

Thank you really appreciate it. Yes I try to be as clear as possible since it would help me a lot of I would be from the other side. Esk8 can be confusing at the beginning.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw it in another threat of you(the confusion) because of the fly sky 6.6 esc which I had thrown out of the window in anger but you and @winfly solved the problem. I was eating my nails from my fingers while reading this drama hahahaha

1 Like

I won’t consider it an issue just difference setting probably due to how the vesc handles the regenerative brakes.

1 Like

Yeah I still don’t understand what happened but it was fine afterward. I’ll be putting back together my 6.6s back into my hummie build soon.

2 Likes

yeah, if it works it works, then there is no issues. But it was very exciting for me if the problem can be solved. And you did it with just using different settings on these esc. Nevertheless it felt like a crime movie for me to read all this ifs and whens.

1 Like

how much did it cost in total

To be honest didn’t keep track of it. I used to experiments a lot of DIY parts I make. The first version with 10s3p battery, Maytech vesc, and classic meepo hubs was around 500 Euro. It was a good board. Now with unity, 12s3p battery, MAD Fury DD a bit more for sure :grin:

2 Likes

I want to see an Avenger theme on it now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (just teasing you).
Are you going to use a “new” Mad Fury kit on it ? or the Mad Storm ?

1 Like

Well if you scroll up the first enclosure had the logo and captain America shield on the battery :laughing: then tried to replicate with fiber glass but didn’t work out well so dropped the idea. The current version already uses MAD Fury. Is my commute board. I am going to take the whole electronic inside, modify the battery layout and install it on the Choo Choo (short AT) deck with the new MAD Fury 60Kv and Bergmeister wheels. The rest of the Avenger will sit on a shelf. Proud of all the kms machined together. Instead of Avenger… Two boards are coming Thanos (new commute board)… 12s3p, unity, choo Choo deck, bergmeister, mad Fury 60Kv, hammock

And Stormbreaker… 12s4p, unity, BullyDeck, MAD Storm, popoca 90mm.

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: can’t wait !!

Good DIY sir :v:

1 Like

I will drop it here as well.

MAD Fury 75Kv performance. I think top speed is around 57-58 kmh with my current setup. Courious to see if someone use a bigger battery with them.

3 Likes

Are you riding at 55km/h on the spud? :astonished:

5 Likes

Ahahah I know! I had to develop some skills but I feel pretty comfortable up to 45kmh then I really need to change my board stand. Pushed up to 58kmh once and I felt like I was going to take off… I used all the space available. Anyhow if I don’t ride for 4-5 days then takes half and hour for the stability to come back :laughing: when weather allows and I ride everyday I am really fused with it.

4 Likes