Introducing the AVIO mini remote v.1!
This is a mini remote mod!
I’ve been wanting to do something about the mini remote for 2 years but have always been procrastinating to do so. Now, 11 e-skates in and 10 non-modded mini remotes later, I have finally decided to design my very own mod.
What this mod aimed to do:
- A smaller form factor (26mm max thickness)
- Use LiPos instead of AA batts for ease of charging
- Increase throttle throw by about 50% Throttle ranged increase from 1.04 - 1.95 to 0.85 - 2.10
- Hide the pesky trim knobs
- To be an idiot-proof mod for just about anyone to do
Here’s how it looks and how it compares to the mini. I can finally say my “mini” remote is actually mini now!
The Avio Mini Remote:
Please do not PM me to ask me for the .STL files (I’ve received way too many PMs on this already…) I will release them in due time, when I’m done with testing it. I will also release a “how-to” guide once it’s all ready.
What Version 2 shall aim to achieve: This version will take as least 2 to 4 months before I release it.)
- Acrylic clear backing for the LED
- TPU printed plug for the bind button
- Include a battery indicator (aim to use an arduino micro/pico or something similar)
- Same form factor (possibly slimmer?)
- 2 Versions, v.2-S and v.2-L (Short and Long)
- Any other things i should add? (This remote is meant to be a basic remote, nothing too fancy i.e. “telemetry” as I want to keep the small form factor as its selling point.)
Paypal donations can be done through the following link:
Instructions on how to mod it (The v.1):
- Parts List:
- Two (2) 3D Printed casings (Top and Bottom Cover). Download the files here: The .stl files will be constantly updated and improved, so don’t be alarmed if the pictures you see in the instructions differ by a little
Things that are reused from the Mini Remote: 2. Two (2) “Big” screws and Five (5) small screws with one (1) M2 or M3 nylon washer 3. One (1) Spring Lever 4. One (1) Spring 5. One (1) Throttle Arm 6. One (1) Potentiometer Assembly 7. One (1) Mini Remote PCB