The Black Beauty 4WD Hub Build

Well I have to say, they seem very quiet of nothing else :thumbsup:

1 Like

Sweet, so if I placed an order now would it come with black thane or the orange stuff like you have? Also, idk if its just me but those wheels look much smaller then 90mm to me.

These are smaller, official wheels 90mm. Check them out on instagram

I don’t have an instagram, do you have a link to some videos of their 90mm black thane hubs?

4 Likes

Wow nice road, what is the location? The hub motors look great, I wonder how they compare to the Jacobs hubs…

What happened to the build thread? We wanna see it. Can we have a thread for selling the hubs and one for the build thread?

2 Likes

The components are all done and sitting on his desk. Since he has broken his leg, it’s been delayed a little bit. But he will be assembling the board and taking pictures within the next week!

Also trying to figure out how to send a 760wh battery through the mail :joy:

@lox897

10 char

Boulder city, nv. Next to vegas…

It looks funny when the smaller urethane moves along the hub!!! Hahaha but the new urethane looks sick :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed that too a few minutes in. It’s nice to see these running under their own power. I really want to see this 4wd beast in action though.

Update on the board. A logo has been decided upon and has been laser etched on! At the last second my friend decided to change up the look of the board and makeup. It is now a composite bamboo fibre deck as the carbon deck was too stiff. It measures 42 inches and has a double kick.

3 Likes

Did anybody notice the thane sliding back and forth around 2:15 on the video is that helpful when turning.

1 Like

Wooooaaah. I don’t know about turning but that may be really helpful if you’re trying to street your face. This is beta thane though right so presumably there will be a production with a core material?

Yup just talked to them and they thane will be fitted all the way across can’t wait for them to come in now lol.

Deck is finished! Ready to mount everything soon :slight_smile:

With the 760Wh battery pack the board weighs just under 9kg.

Excitement is an understatement at this point.

9 Likes

The esk8hubs don’t like ackmaniacs foc, bldc worked, but the brakes were jerky. Original firmware foc is nice. I went on a long ride, spun a motor a tiny bit and did some walking home last night. After i fix it, i am going to use my favorite epoxy dp420 and glue these things to the truck.

I was not aware that @Ackmaniac made any changes to how FOC works :confused:

1 Like

Damn…that’s a news…@ackmaniac what are the changes ?