The carbon revamp | 245kv 6365 single | 80a esc | 6s4p 12ah

So my custommmade deck has arrived and I have finished the battery and half wired up the bms. As for a supply for the bms can any 25v 2amp supply work or should I get one that cuts off. Like will my laptop charger work if connected to the bms.

4 Likes

Have now got the enclosure nearly all done just got some smoothing to do so looks more like it blends into the deck.

3 Likes

So have now got the enclosure all mounted up and griptape on the deck. Also got some holes drilled for charger and main switch. Know I have that done I will now start to add more of a curved edge to the enclosure. Once that’s done one coat of carbon fibre weave over out side should finish it off nicely.

4 Likes

did you end up bypassing the bms

Yea I only use the bms for charging

I’ll get one then was it hard to bypass

Damn that thing looks awesome! Really diggin the griptape and lowkey enclosure.

1 Like

So had some time to start laying the carbon onto the enclosure today doing it in stages so I get a good finish. So I have bonded the top fist side next once tops dried.

1 Like

Is the wood enclosure not adding a lot of weight to the board?

Not really it’s really lightweight wood and it’s actually weighing less that the first board I built.

So finally got the carbon on and looking ok but by no means is it the best but it’s going to get shit up anyway so why spend a huge amount. Only thing to sort out now is some wiring and a recess for the esc in the deck as not quite enough room.

4 Likes

That is beautiful, great job!
Am I correct in saying these are what you have on your enclosure? http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vote-your-favorite-carbon-fiber-deck-with-integrated-enclosure/10638/66?u=zachnyc

Yea very similar but mine are a lot bigger and stronger as they are on the under side.

How did you wire the bms in the end? did you wire all the balance wires? or the + and - leads of the balance wires you did not attach to anything?

I actually haven’t wired it in yet as it was faulty so I’m not using BMW just now. When I get time to order up a new one will be wired up battery to B-/B+ and all the balance leads to correct cells. Then charger to P-/P+ I wasn’t going to discharge through the bms as it’s only a 5amp

Great job Bro, love your board

Yea done about 20miles on the new setup now seems to be going ok sofar. Few curb rashes as it’s drop through and kick tail so it prity low.

So ordered up a set of the dual pivot kits to see if can get a bit more ground clearance and then see if enough room for some 6" mtb wheels and tyres.

Realised that the double pivot would not work unless I use either evolve trucks or gullwing so back to the drawing board to what I can do to keep it drop through and get longer wheel base and height to get some small mtb wheels on.