The Dojo | Sector 9 DHill Division Dojo | Caliber V2 trucks | TB 190kv Motor Dual setup | 10s4p battery pack | VESC | Nyko Kama wireless nunchuck | 90mm urethane wheels

thanks! where can I get this?

Remote is here: diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/torqueboards-2-4ghz-mini-remote-controller/

Receiver is here: diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/2-4ghz-mini-receiver/

@jlabs sells them here w/receiver if heā€™s not sold out

2.4ghz Mini Remote only $30 https://electric-skateboard.market/product/2-4ghz-mini-remote-receiver/

Yes, I am getting a bunch more. Pre-Order now to reserve one.

@jlabs do you ship to the Philippines? if yes, Iā€™ll get 2. BTW, can this controller be programmed with cruise control just like the nunchuck ā€˜Cā€™ button?

Yes, but the shipping is unknown. If you are willing to pay it I am willing to ship it.

Sweet build sir! Love the Sector 9 board :sunglasses:

Iā€™m thinking of going with a sector 9 downhill board. With them being still is that still okay for commuting?

you really need a stiff board if you have a huge battery. if you want to go with a flex board, you need to design your battery in such a way that it will avoid the flex. there are threads here with that kind of build.

I think I found the solution to my nunchuck dropping signal. initially and originally planned, the motors are at the back, so normally, the VESCs and the receiver are located at the back (rear wheel drive). I noticed when the signal drops, i lower my hand near the rear wheels and the signal comes back. so, I switched the board and the motors, VESCs and receivers are in the front now (front wheel drive). I did a few kilometers on it and no signal dropped whether I was accelerating, slowing down, or cruise control. Iā€™m a happy skater today.

How does Front wheel drive feel? Any wheel slipping?

didnā€™t feel like the wheels are slipping. needs some adjusting to because you can feel the power coming from the front but a few minutes on the board and Iā€™m used to it already.

added a safety feature, got a cheap led bike tail light and wrapped it to the caliberā€™s hangar.

the light can be steady or blinking

2 Likes

@manu If you donā€™t mind me asking. Exactly what trucks are you using? I know you have the Caliber II Trucks, but are you using the 44 or 50? And are you using the 184mm or the 160mm hanger?

im using 50 degrees and 184mm. :wink:

Thanks for letting me know!!

Hey Jinra, why almost every board I see had their motors below the deck? They say its for protectionā€¦ but what protection if the first thing a rock will encounter once you step on it will be the motors below?? I rather prefer your installation with the motors behind the deck and up. They look sick that way.

My question: Torque boards, Enertions, etc., mounts could be reversed from below the deck to behind the trucks as you just did with yours?

I donā€™t mind if I cannot stand the board on its rear end.

TBs can, enertionā€™s cannot. Keep in mind I modified mine to fit reverse mounted. Id much rather have the motors in front of the truck, but it just didnā€™t fit on that build.

@manu Really nice build and post. Thanks for sharing. Iā€™m thinking about doing a dual drive setup. My first board is semi diy on Loaded Deverish. Wondering how the ride characteristics on your Sector 9 Dojo is. Can you tell us the pros and cons? Any comment will be helpful, thanks!!!