The Dream | Arbor Bluetooth | Dual Diag 6374 | 180mm Paris Clones | Ripba and Arbor V1 Mounts | 10s3p 25r | Heatsinked TB VESCS | Omen Dropship | OLED gt2b

Oops, I think I misread…

My point still stands though. Is 7075 aluminum or titanium really necessary for the clamp?

i don’t think necessary is the right word.

the main reason is i want a material that can hold threads better so it’s harder to strip

2 Likes

Titanium is totally overkill for our application, if you have experience with low alloy aluminum and thread stripping, that’s understandable, the 7075-T6 holds threads nicelly, just follow some general design guidelines, like the effective thread being 2X the hole diameter os more for aluminum and you are good

If you still think that’s really necessary go to steel, 1020 works, would be a little bit heavier, but since the clamp has small amount of material it wound’t matter

Do you mean that for a M6 bolt you should tap a M6 thread in a 3mm hole? That gotta be wrong…

ehhhh…

those aren’t the Ollin vescs. The Ollins were heat shrinked and covered in glue, and you said you wanted the clean ones. The ones you got are macrofab produced Enertion vescs that have been repaired and modified by @JohnnyMeduse, so they’re still solid.

I just got a phone call from Jeremiah… about this… lol

he has google alerts.

3 Likes

LOL

yea lol it’s all good :rofl:

was just too lazy to edit the post

No no, you need to drill with the adequate size for the thread you intend, M3 is 2.5mm. I mean the delete of the hole should be at least 6mm, a little bit more becouse you can thread all the way to the end

2 Likes

yeah, okay :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Fore the bore diameter it’s roughly thread diameter minus the thread pitch. So for an M6x1 thread you need bore a 5 mm hole. The counterpart, hence the clamp, should be at least twice the thickness of the thread (2x6 mm) as Pedrodemio already pointed out.

If you can afford 7075-T6 for the hanger, go for it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. I usually use a bore diameter which is 80-90% of the thread diameter… So for M6; 4.8-5.4mm. This method has never failed me :slight_smile:

@GrecoMan this might be worth to read

http://newtonskate.com/design.html

1 Like

although i’m just really fucking confused :rofl:

I kinda understand what that was about

I think I kinda get the article. Run FEA on the hanger. Looks like it’s too weak where the arms meet the center, so you’ll be more likely to bend the hanger because of the torque.

soooo back to my build… few things are changing. -picked up some weird looking 97mm flywheels -new charger since mine was only outputting 40.6v -motor mount is on the way

and for those of you that haven’t seen, I wasted 3 hours of my life putting some god damn griptape on my deck the other day

5 Likes

What happened to your CNC’d motor mount?

1 Like

that’s the one on the way to me :wink:

Got any updates on this @GrecoMan ? :slight_smile: