First of all, new name, since the board has been almost completely rebuilt. (Suggestions for names are appreciated! I might spraypaint the a logo and a name on the griptape!)
A short story: I was out riding on my newly completed board, riding slowly in the bike lane in a roundabout, when someone did not look around, and boom, I got hit by a car in the side. The person ran over the board with the car and destroyed the enclosures as well as making a lot of scratches and dents on the deck itself… God damn, I just finished it!!! I was up rolling on the hood of the car, and thank god I always wear helmet…
BUT! That didn’t hold me back! I could then do with the deck what I wanted, as it probably needed replacement anyways… That’s why I started sanding it down. I did it on both sides, to get rid of the biggest dents and scratches, and by that I also removed the clear grip tape on the Vanguard. That made it a bit easier for cable-channel-grooving.
The result came out pretty good actually, and that’s why I started making a groove for the cables.
After that, I needed to print new enclosures obviously, and this time I printed them in normal quality instead of low. Looks like the printer could need a little tweaking, but otherwise the prints itself came out great! This print took 80 hours, and in the meantime my Nano-X arrived!! YAY!
I then applied black grip tape to hide the cables, and put it all together. And BAM!!!:
I really think it looks nice. No cables underneath!
Now I just need the lights and the BMS+Switch, and I’m all set!! Ah, one more thing. I got the BT board by @rpasichnyk and here’s my first ride on revision 2.0! (Don’t mind the route, I forgot to enable the GPS)
Let me know what you think, as well as some name suggestions!