The Minnesota Monster|Dual Hub Motor Build|Carvon Dual's|Dexter's 12s Pack|VESC x2|DIY Mini Controller |Psychotiller Enclosure|Arbor Vugenhausen Deck

How wide is the hump? You would definitely have issues with a space cell or other li-ion pack…Lipo you may be able to hug both sides of the hump.

OMG!.. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can’t believe you are saying this… hahaha… You are a bit late to the party brother…

18650 all the way baby…

they do say Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Yeah that’s my issue. I am using @torqueboards 12s flat pack. I will post the photo he sent me of it here if I can, but it doesn’t seem like I could make it work. I was thinking maybe cutting down the edge of the enclosure, but I think the hump would intrude into the compartment too much since it’s a tight fit as is. This isn’t the board I would get and the hump on mine would be about an 1/8th to a 1/4 less protruded, but I probably shouldn’t risk it…

1 Like

It’s best on a semi flat deck. Carving is actually pretty nice on a flat deck with a long truck. I actually enjoy it better than the traditional setup with a kicktail now. lol. Kicktail you can heel pivot but you can get a deeper lean and turn on a semi-flat board with the longer trucks. No need to get all fancy with the kicktail pivot :smile:

I’d go for these decks…

2 Likes

Yeah, just keep looking. You’ll find one

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations. Gives me an idea of what to look for in a board. I am really set on getting some sort of custom wood grain style deck if I go with wood. I really want something unique for this build. I’ll show you some of my front runners, and you can check them out. I have been scouring every single board maker, and saving all of the coolest finds then I will just keep narrowing them down. Had to come up with some sort of system or I will never decide. I am usually very decisive, but this one has been really evading me. Who knows, maybe some other young lad will come along and find all these links I am posting and it will help them decide… :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, I’ll stop…for now…

Eyyyyy Ebay decks FTW

Haha, I’m looking for a work of art to plant my feet on here!

You have any artist friends?

Get a blank board and Have them art it up

Indeed I do, I was just cruising some neat looking blanks to start with. I know a kid with a couple lasers that could do some really cool stuff…Maybe I’ll just start there. But that might take some time. After all the looking around at every custom board I am back to seriously considering the 2016 Arbor Axis too…It’s a great looking board all around.

1 Like

That’s why I got it… Just be careful with the flex. It’s quite a bit of flex. Might ruin the pack but so far I haven’t had any issues. I’m about 180-190 lbs.

Probably should wait until psychotiller sends his 25" enclosure. I think it might be a bit big.

Yeah I am going to wait and measure my current boards against it and see what I need to be able to work with to fit in comfortably…I am a real skinny cat at 145-150 so hopefully if it’s working for you it will be alright for me if I decide that’s the best route. Did you checkout any of the last list of boards I posted a few messages up? There’s some gems in there too, but damn some of them get expensive quick…

Yeah, you should be fine then. I say save your money and only spend $100 on a deck :smile:

Put it to another build since most likely that’s what will happen Lol Most of any of the ones you’ve listed will work.

I think I will take your advice, and just go middle of the road. I would love to get a $300 Warren deck and ride around on a piece of true art, but I am going over on budget as is probably after all is said and done so It’s not the most important thing. And you’'re right that there will be another build. I can already tell this thing is going to be too fun. Do you think the drop on a board like this is too much? I will be running smaller rises/shock pads (1/4 to 1/2"?), and big 97mm wheels. I love how big and wide it is, and still a work of art. Not a bad price for just the deck either. He also says there is very little flex, just enough. 11 Ply of bamboo I think?

http://kahunacreations.com/collections/high-performance-longboards/products/drop-deck-43-longboard-complete-bamboo

You have a hub motor setup so should be fine.

I always think the money should be spent on some awesome trucks like SurfRodz TKP trucks or similar rather than an expensive board on Calibers :frowning:

I wonder how easy it is to switch off the motors onto different trucks? I guess I just was assuming they would have to stay on there due to some mounting reason,truck diameter, bolt pattern etc…I guess I never asked.

Edit: Have you every used Seismic Trucks? I was peeping them early in the build, and love the idea of springs over bushings for control, comfort and wear. I don’t know which set would be best for my setup, but they sure look nice. Their Aeon’s look interesting too, I like the innovation in their setups.

We’ll not for Carvon. It’s specific to the hub motor.

I meant more for a belt and pulley setup.

Yeah, the Seismic G5 is nice. Haven’t tried though. Looks like it wouldn’t be enough room on the hanger for a bolt on mount unless you welded it.

Maybe on the next build then :smile: I thought that they were sort of locked into those trucks. Maybe there are similar trucks that could be used?

No, they are machined to fit :smile: It’s better that way in a sense since you have 6374 motors versus a 6350 motor which would be able to fit on the truck. You’ll get more power on the Carvon then most of any other hub motor setups.

Well, at least there’s a plus side to it. I have heard really great things about them so I am not too worried about the ability to switch out trucks, though it would be nice. At least it’s easy to change the wheels on them :smile: