The Minnesota Monster|Dual Hub Motor Build|Carvon Dual's|Dexter's 12s Pack|VESC x2|DIY Mini Controller |Psychotiller Enclosure|Arbor Vugenhausen Deck

Yeah, the downside is the fact that the board is too flexy. So I would pick a similar style deck which maximizes the wheelbase but get something way more rigid. More of a downhill deck. But shoot I got my 12S3P here and I’ve been bouncing around on it with no issues. Not that I would suggest it. I don’t… but for the world of testing… gotta make sure it’s durable.

1 Like

Right, I am glad that you did too because that give the rest of us a baseline of what’s possible versus what’s recommended which is very helpful. I have pretty much decided on a board with a wood grain top because I love the look. Is there any companies besides Arbor where this is a standard style? Just want to look around some more. Otherwise I will probably just go with the Vugenhausen or Genesis and see what happens…

Edit: This thing looks awesome! Probably too flexy though :stuck_out_tongue:

The Genesis is pretty flexy too. Don’t get the Genesis. Austin David has the Genesis on an AT board he built.

Yeah I guess because it is so damn long, even 8+ ply probably wouldn’t do it. The Vugenhausen seems to be the best of all the specs I need. I was just hesitant about it because I found it right away and wanted to do my due diligence. Any reason not to go that route?

Edit: Meh, the top is not the same woodgrain, and they wont even put the clear glass grip on there. I guess I could take it into my shop, stain the top really cool and seal/grip it myself…Is there any good clear tape out there or is the crushed glass method the best way to go?

Powell / mini logo - clear grip tape. I used the 10.5" width stuff and it’s great.

Still easy to see through to the base design? I was just looking a the spray on stuff too which seems to work well for grip and seeing the design, but you can’t remove it very easily I imagine.

I sprayed my board pink and stuck on some decal - can see design pretty well through tape.

you have to press it down or looks a bit on the white side - it’s easy to do and not expensive, I expect you could ask for a sample to try? I’d send you some but am in UK

2 Likes

Nice, yeah I wonder what it would look like with wood grain. It appears to be very transparent. I’ll give the tape a shot, and if I don’t like it I will go with the spray. Thanks for the photo, and info!

Oh god, just pulled this off another guys thread…

http://www.threesixdownhill.com/shop/threesix-downhill-deck

I would absolutely love to use a deck like this, but keeping the electronics sealed away seems like it would be a nightmare…

Maybe these are better options for those purposes if I can get him to make it a bit longer…not quite the same aggressive form factor, but cool nonetheless…Maybe i"m just looking to hard into this and trying too hard to do something unique…idk

http://overlandboards.com/collections/shop-main/products/bo-fax-longboard-millvalley-skateboard-aluminum

http://www.rogers-bros.com/dh40

Just cut a flat piece of abs the same shape as the enclosures

I actually have the Overlands S40 just haven’t utilized it yet. You’ll need to drill a hole through the aluminum deck.

Think it’s big enough as is to fit the 12s setup?

That I’m not too sure. I don’t think it’s enough. The deck is a 35" L deck and only a 25" wheelbase with nothing left of course.

Yeah, probably not. @psychotiller recommended that I look into Cindrich’ Decks, and I really like the honeycomb style. Going to see if he can do something up for me. I will just have to make a nice solid metal top for my enclosure, attach the magnets to the board with an adhesive probably to make sure they stick, and then just click the whole thing on and off as one sealed piece. I don’t want it to take too much away from the aesthetic of the deck so I will eventually make an all metal case to match probably. I could even even have my friend laser engrave the same honeycomb/cell pattern onto the case :open_mouth:.

Here’s a 25" specimen!

1 Like

Ohhh that might do the trick for me! Height and width?

height 1 1/4", width 6 1/2", dead on 25" length . These are inside measurements When I get the magnets I’m going to try to mold them into the abs for you.

Sorry for confusion, I’m not OP and don’t want to hijack his thread. I’ll pm you regarding the enclosure.

Haha, no problem. I’m confused most of the time

Niiice! Super excited to see the final product and get working on some ideas for mounting them to whatever deck I get…Still want an aluminum one, but may just get a nice downhill wood deck to start. I really like Cindrich’s decks, but I see his all have this hump in the middle on the bottom which concerns me a little bit… Have you seen any actual builds with his decks? He says they all have that, so I wonder how it will affect my mounting/space for battery. It appears to only protrude about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.