The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

Some others builds. No issues at all yet, and I don’t expect any after the first tests.

are these blue goo’d?

I have both, with and without. Didn’t experience much of a difference, highest temp so far was around 70°C after racing for about 15km non-mstop on flat streets. Maybe one should be cautious when going steep uphill for >10km nonstop, but even then, I don’t think it’s going to cause any troubles. But I will continue testing, also in the Swiss Alps! :wink:

cool…im still waiting on a battery, shit i wanna ride these.

TBH, at those speeds, 1 motor when breaking is scary. Using one motor makes the board want to turn real quick on brake/acceleration.

Thats a myth. Single drives do not create strange behavior when braking or accelerating. I rock some pretty big motors on a single and have never had a single issue.

3 Likes

It could just be my set up, but that’s what I’ve experienced. Its not to say, you don’t get used to it for the most part. I didn’t notice it most of the time, but subconsciously, I was putting a bit more pressure in one direction. There are times when I was thrown off the board when breaking at speed because it jerked a bit ad I didn’t shift my weight accordingly. I guess I should say you can overcome the pull. It also be partly be caused by not using a vesc on that setup too. If I hit the throttle too quickly, it definitely pulled harder the truck one way. I feel more comfortable on a dual drive setup though, as there is no pull one way or another.

If I remember correctly your board is a bit of a sky scraper making it very unstable so you very well could be feeling some wobble from a single but it does not effect boards with a more conventional height.

Nah, not my sky scraper (lol, that’s what I should have named it. The Sky Scraper…), I’m talking about my original board. It was a santa cruz cruizer board. It did have half inch risers, but was a lot lower the the ground. Honestly, If you’ve had no issue with pull, I think it might have been the fact I wasn’t using a vesc. The acceleration and braking curves are not the best for eboards with the FVT.

I have some strong ankles too! :wink: My main point being that the effect of a single drive (if any) is very subtle and should not deter anyone from going with a single drive.

1 Like

I quite agree with Chaka here. I have two single motor builds, one on a FVT controller and one on a Ezerun Max6 - I cannot say I experience any significant pulling to one side or major difference to my dual VESC build.

1 Like

I’m currently using the fvt and I find its stock throttle curve fine. I do see the board pulling to one side with no weight on it, but once I’m on it, its unnoticeable.

xbxuxy xtxhxexsxe xmxoxtxoxrxs!! Come on people 200$ for 2 hub motors? What do you guys spend all your money on? Maybe everyone is broke.

1 Like

i would but if ur gonna have the steel then i just have to pay more money for a new set

I shouldnt have ever mentioned steel. Aluminum is still going fine

ill try to scrounge up some money itll just be hard with work

Not everyone is broke…quite a few well to dos buying $2k + GT

I know!! I like that board I really do…but performance wise I’d rather ride these

Seems like a classic Osborne effect situation. I hope sales pick up - did you try advertising them elsewhere? Maybe if you did a complete walk-through guide people would also be more interested - I read the threads and just remember blue goo, having to buy epoxy, somehow attaching the motor to the truck and a rattling.

I want to see hub motors get more popular - so my fingers are crossed!

4 Likes

Also I will throw up some reviews when I get them up and running. The battery is delaying everything. The guy I wanted to build it flaked so I’m now piecing together a spot welder like white ponies to build my own. This while trying to get AC installed before Spanish summer, dealing with familial health issues and working two day jobs…I swear this thing will get built though and videos after the build

@Hummie Maybe you should update the first post in this thread with your current prices for both versions. I think there might be folks out there that are unclear what you’re currently offering. If I’m not mistaken, the cost of buying the aluminum ones now, with the option to buy the steel at a discounted price later should be about the same as buying only the steel later, once you get them, right? So this way you end up with two hub sets for the price of one, and don’t have to wait for the steel to start riding now.