The Nimbus, Lanyachtz Evo build Dual 6374 12s

3 Likes

@Battosaii , great build. 6374 motors are always nice. Did you notice if the turning radius is relatively big or small.

2 Likes

The turning radius is a bit larger than the Raptor

It seems like I left my remote on from last nightā€™s ride and now it wonā€™t charge anymore I think the battery is toast. What kind of battery does the winning nano v2 remote have

Took the remote apart found this

Really happy this didnā€™t happen during a ride and also really happy that itā€™s an easy fix so I can ride tomorrow.

2 Likes

I had that exact same thing happen to mine also. Soldered it back on and added a little double sided tape to get rid of the rattling.

put a dab of hot glue or krazy glue over each solder connection

3 Likes

^^^This or epoxy resin if youā€™re a maniac. At least solders canā€™t pop out.

1 Like

Some quick vids I made of it working

2 Likes
1 Like

So I was at the park last Sunday and had a fun ride with friends we got caught in some pretty wet pavement and his Bamboo GT got wet inside and fried the escā€¦ :frowning: but my board some how stayed dry on the inside.

Also Iā€™ve been using Remington Teflon gun oil on my bearings I love this stuff it sticks to metal and wonā€™t wash away with water forget the speed cream get this stuff.

1 Like

This stuff is really good.

Hereā€™s some more of the ride. I have better videos but I canā€™t put them up the other person in the video canā€™t be on camera yet.

3 Likes

I like the metal strip idea. Iā€™m still in my build process but that makes good sense.

2 Likes

Well I thought it would help spread out the load and I didnā€™t think washers would look as nice.

I agree. The strip looks better and distributes the load better than washers I would assume since itā€™s full length.

Yes full length. If you live in the US, Home Depot has these aluminum strips I cut them to length drilled the holes then I rounded the edges with a belt sander. Iā€™m sure a hardware store should have these. I dont recommend steel itā€™s overkill it adds too much weight and it corrodes.

NVM found itā€¦this right? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-x-36-in-Aluminum-Flat-Bar-800217/204604762

@Battosaii Can you find the home depot link to the aluminum strip you use? I found ones with slots and holes (steel I think)ā€¦

1 Like

That looks like itā€™s the right one. Iā€™m honestly not sure of the width I actually took the encloser to Home Depot and picked out the one that fit best width wise but 1/2 sounds right.

Yep I can confirm thatā€™s it, I found the left over in my work bin.

2 Likes

So I found that the grip tape on the Evo deck is very sub par. Itā€™s already lifting in several places on the deck for no reason. Is there a grip tape you guys recommend ? Not sure if I want to keep the all black theme or go with a color like red cause itā€™s faster.