The Nimbus, Lanyachtz Evo build Dual 6374 12s

Oh yes my board did a top speed run this passed weekend and it clocked in at 44mph on the radar gun.

9 Likes

That’s interesting what you say about the grip tape. Mine arrived looking like it was stretched when it was put on with bubbles underneath. I peeled it off and carefully reapplied it but it happened again. Bubbling at the neck and tail. Still not even got trucks on it!

1 Like

Similar here. Bubbling at the tail mostly.

1 Like

I’m not the only one then. It’s not a huge deal but I expected better quality from a board like this.

I’ve found several of my “premium” boards come with subpar grip.

2 Likes

I like Black Diamond grip. It’s not so gruppy it tears the skin off your fingers but is still grippy enough to lock in.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Diamond-Longboard-Skateboard-Single/dp/B077GTGGR3/ref=pd_day0_468_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B077GTGGR3&pd_rd_r=D3487AWPNCW4GWQJKXYQ&pd_rd_w=x9DyG&pd_rd_wg=Xqr7o&refRID=D3487AWPNCW4GWQJKXYQ

2 Likes

how did it come? I bought some vicious tape from Daddies and it came is a bubble envelope. it was squished creased, now I got faint lines on my board

It usually comes in a roll. I lay it out flat and weight the corners, usually overnight. That makes it a lot easier to install.

I ordered from Daddies thinking as a skate store they would know better than to ship like that. Thanks for the link. I’ll try those

1 Like

No worries. I just ordered a roll of Jessup 10in x 60ft, it looks like good quality grip as well.

Nice I’m going to order some now.

I also ordered a fast charger cause the cheap 2a charger takes over 12 hours to charge from what I understand it’s not always 2A it goes down as you get closer to full and makes it extremely slow.

Also ordered a set of step brackets and another set of shredlight headlights. To try out 4 lights up front to increase night visibility

So went to a place called Key Biscayne with 93% battery and I went to the very end and back I had 20% battery when I got back.and it was very windy.

7 Likes

My new BMS should be coming in today, would I be okay running 40 battery amps per Focbox with a 12s4p 30q battery? I hear they are 15amp cells but people run them at 20 perfectly fine.

Thanks @torqueboards

3 Likes

Also ordered 36t wheel pullies and and a Bluetooth module thanks @thisguyhere and @GrecoMan

I want to try my set up with the 36t pullies and 90mm wheels I’ll drag race anyone with that set up and win lol

2 Likes

30q are rated safe at 20a as long as they don’t get hot for sustained periods:

4p made of 30q would be safe to do 40a per focbox in dual, just make sure you don’t use full amp draw for extended periods (more than a few seconds at a time).

1 Like

I have a 10s4p 30Q pack, the FocBox’s are set at 40a per ESC, never had an issue or generated an error.

2 Likes

Nice I’ll have to try that later.

I did a long range test today, kind of a failure it’s super windy today so that affected my milage and I fell and I almost got hit by 2 cars in a row lol… Fun

I got home with 6% battery left and I did about 20.9 miles today.

My knee pads saved my knees for real!

But in my carelessness I did not wear my gform elbow pads under my sweater and this small injury was the price… I was lucky.

6 Likes

So I got the 36t pullies and decided to try them with my 90mm flywheels. The torque is crazy intense I have not tried full throttle yet due to fear.

The power is real… Thanks @thisguyhere these gears are insane, I need a longer belt to use these with my 107s though.

2 Likes

Trying out the quad shred light set up and I can see way way way better at night.

5 Likes