The Nimbus, Lanyachtz Evo build Dual 6374 12s

2 Likes

So I have been wanting to try a pnumatic wheel set up but also make it pretty easy to go back to street set up. I have 33t and 36t slip on wheel pullies like evolve I wanted to purchase the Evolve at kit. It comes with almost everything I need.

Iā€™m pretty sure it will work I just need to replace the pulley bearing with a 8mm bearing they come with a 10mm also would need a longer belt. What do you guys think?

https://evolveskateboardsusa.com/collections/wheels/products/gt-series-all-terrain-conversion-kit

2 Likes

So this happened today.

So Iā€™m thinking maybe I could tape the piece back in place from the outside and put epoxy on the insideā€¦ @torqueboards when are you guys getting new encloser lol

2 Likes

yea the torqueboards enclosures are complete garbage

1 Like

Ouchā€¦ How did that happen? Did you hit something?

Those rubber yellow blind things has an edge sticking up and it caught the enclosure when I was riding.

1 Like

Arg ā€¦ :disappointed_relieved: this board is so cool ! Itā€™s nothing, but yes I think a bit of epoxy with maybe a little fiber on it to ensure. (Maybe a full layer on the inside to reenforce it for the next time if you get some ā€¦ maybe also a carbon layer on the outside to finish and you shouldnā€™t be anoy again ā€¦ or maybe juste by the scratch after)

2 Likes

urgh that sucks :frowning: I have a similar build but with pneumatics and 6374s. ALWAYS paranoid about clearance

9 Likes

This thread is scaryin me , yā€™all talking about clearance and here I am about to put a 12s6p 30q battery under the landyatch evo :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Its funny isnā€™t it? i was looking for a deck that will give me fast controlled straight lines. Part of stability is also center of gravity and the wedges and EVO delivers on both front but causing problem cause we donā€™t ride on completely smooth road. Maybe I should just put the battery in a box and put it on top of the board trampa style instead :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that abs? If it is, it should glue with dedicated abs glue and it will be as strong as it was in the first place?

1 Like

Nice Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s abs. Itā€™s a strong enclosure but it took a hard hit something had give.

Honestly you should be fine you actually have alot of clearance, Ive put about 200 miles on my set up before something like this happened some on 90mm wheels and some on 107s this happened with the 107s lol but its part of the game it is a Longboard in the end stuff breaks when you ride it lol.

Im working on making the Evolve 7" AT wheels work with my board but I think ill only use those wheels for when im solo having fun or when Boosted guys come on the ride i dont have to worry about my range lol

1 Like

Speed bumps manā€¦ the reason why I also have trampas

Welp just noticed one of my shredlights weā€™re missing not sure if it fell off during a ride or in my car or somewhere at home :frowning:

Thatā€™s all that was left of the light that was stuck on the metal bracket.

Good news is i finally got my new belts in so I can try 107s on 36t finally.

Friendly warning Vbeltsupply has good prices but when you find what you need buy alot and stock up on it cause they rip you off with the shipping. They use the slowest cheapest UPS ground shipping that takes a week and cost double the price of the product. If they used USPS priority mail it would get here faster and would be cheaper for the consumerā€¦

2 Likes

I had an adventure last night, my buddy asked if I wanted a night ride and we met up at Miami Beach around 11pm we skated till 4:30am with the streets to ourselfs we would stop every once in a while for food and drinks but no one recharged. In the end we rode about 27miles and we all still had power left.

It was honestly one of the most fun experiences on an esk8 it was an adventure and so much happened.

Check out Night Ride on Relive! https://www.relive.cc/view/1430984098

7 Likes

So the Enertion 36t wheel pulley is helping out with my efficiancy, Iā€™m heavy but Iā€™m getting around 30miles range from my 12s4p when cruising. I did 15miles last night and we stopped cause my friends board shut off and wonā€™t come back on so we towed him.back and i still had 55% battery left.

1 Like

36 tooth with the 107mm wheels? How are you finding that? Do you find that the acceleration is still ok? Do you see many hills?

if you are not careful with the throttle the board will come out from under you at any speed with these pullies

im using 16/36 with 107s, my lighter friends that are used to riding Evolves cant full throttle my board cause of the torque lol.

there are no hills in South Florida but Ive gotten up our steepest bridges with no problems never have i needed to use full power to go up an incline.

1 Like

whatā€™s your top speed with that gearing?