The Origin | Dual 6354 190kv | 10s3p 30Q | Prism Origin V2 | FlipSky Based

My old post ended up being messy, I never posted updates and in general not set up well so here we go again!

My goal with this board was a slim, great looking board for small or long commutes to the shops around my city or a simple cruise out in the open with my camera.

Also wanted a very premium board with a great design that I can hopefully obtain with some touchups.

Full part list: Deck: Prism Origin V2. Trucks: Caliber II 50 10". Risers: No name wedged risers. Wheels: Eskating.eu 90mm 78A Premium flywheels. Bearings: Mindless Hoodoo. Motor Mounts: Eskating.eu. Motors: Flipsky 190KV 6354. Battery Pack: 10S3P Samsung 30Q. VESC: F̶l̶i̶p̶s̶k̶y̶ ̶4̶.̶2̶0̶ ̶D̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶V̶E̶S̶C̶.̶ Dual Enertion Focbox. Bluetooth Module: Flipsky / (Metr. Remote: Flipsky Nano / (Firefly. Pulley System: Eskating.eu 15/36 12mm. Enclosure: Eskating.eu Slim. AntiSpark: Flipsky Antispark Pro.

Add-ons like metr, and Firefly remote is in the works.

Possible top speed is around 28mph but limited to 22, the range is around 15 miles but it has space for a 10s4p if I want more in the future.

To do list: (It’s in order of what I feel is most important to last important)

B̶u̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶c̶e̶r̶s̶.̶

B̶u̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶l̶e̶y̶.̶

Clean up the entire deck since the threaded inserts from eskating.eu broke during installation and my painter’s tape destroyed the paint job.

A̶d̶d̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶g̶r̶i̶p̶t̶a̶p̶e̶.̶

Buy and add metr module.

Tweak vesc and belts to perfection.

Replace wheels with 85mm Caguamas.

Add Firefly remote.

(Maybe)Remove all threaded inserts sand down the deck to pure wood and coat it in a protective layer and add new inserts

So far I’m not that happy with my result, poor quality inserts made the deck look bad same goes for enclosures mounts did not fit as wanted so I had to sand down the truck and repaint it (Does not look good right now) and I wanted a perfect top surface but drillbit snapped so I had to drill all the way in one insert so I covered that but all of this is totally possible to perfect in the future but for now not totally up to my level of perfection but this is what diy is for its an always ongoing project and at first a “prototyping stage” that I would say I am in right now.

My goal is to have a very great looking and reliable board for next summer, so this is my winter project.

DSC00562 DSC00560 DSC00557 DSC00559 DSC00558 DSC00563

12 Likes

Nice and clean , glass frit that beautiful fucker

2 Likes

It should be very clean once im done, its still a bit “bulky” imo right now :smiley:

And glass frit? Never heard of that.

It’s what @longhairedboy and a few others use to do clear griptape. Polyurethane and glass frit (crushed glass) Board looks great btw. I passed up that deck used for really cheap a few months ago and regret that now.

2 Likes

Ah yes yes, i was planning on doing that i have what they use on loaded decks.

But that wont be used until its the final - final version since i have some plans.

1 Like

I like how @briman05 does it in particular

4 Likes

I believe loaded uses a lucid grip type application. That stuff doesnt stay on the boards

1 Like

Damn! That is a sexy build! How do those mounts work for you? Do they slip at all? Also why is there no pulley on the left back wheel?

1 Like

The mounts are great, i have yet to take these exact out i used them on a different board once though you can adjust them so no slip.

And i dont have any, ran out of money for this and next month so will be a little while before i buy one.

It sucks that you are in eu, I have a abec pulley that I am selling cheap

1 Like

Yeah, but in general im like out.

Bank account has just enough to get me some dope food for the rest of the month else i would totally have ordered the last part and been riding now.

Considering selling some camera gear to get it going since the weather is mint atm.

Managed to find some random stuff around the house and sell it so i just had enough for the pulley washers and griptape!

I’ve got some bottles i can return for some money then i have for the bearings hahaha!

When i get the battery pack + these parts, i can then install the motors i have been given for testing by a mate program the VESC and finally go out riding.

Bearings replaced, great bearings for really cheap money.

42178401_1843078445785736_2017878916739366912_n

1 Like

Very sexy build

1 Like

Yeah that looks very nice. I hope those Flipsky motors 6354 motors work well as guys on here have been having issues with them. Let us know how they perform.

1 Like

After a bit of looking around it seems like its more the bigger 6374 ones that have the issues, I took both of mine apart last night I was not able to find solder balls and they looked okay other then the sensor is fried but they are also brand new so not sure if it means anything. (Motors are both dead due to bad battery not flipskys fault)

My mate also recently ordered some that I will be using they look vastly different compared to the 6374 and the older 6354 I got a month ago so maybe they changed supplier? They look more sealed and more robust than the old ones and the windings looks very good compared to mine.

Not much done the past few days, UPS says Pulleys and griptape and washers should be here Monday and my replacement battery should soon ship so this week should be the week where the core concept is done.

But i got the on/off switch installed, those damn flipsky makes you need to cut the wires and solder it again since its not removeable.

Also cleaned it all up, added all the parts onto the deck with velcro so all i need to do is plug a battery in now install pulleys and do the last bit of clean up and griptape then i can start to test it out!

42443916_1084884118334409_1084300348262187008_n 42298124_694333050937879_1627305139280805888_n

Griptape landed! Looks amazing! I like the frosty look it gives it, it makes it look better since it covers all my flaws.42406282_347112749357214_2816840011725406208_n 42402401_563602307425790_6824054321483612160_n

Everything installed and adjusted, when the battery arrives its time to try it out!

2 Likes

Got the new battery in the mail and due to the BMS being mounted on top it wont fit :confused: Well time to look for a new enclosure then.

42651284_323368865133952_7679899397856952320_n