Since I got into eSk8s I have always wanted a Trampa board, but didn’t want the inconvenience of an extremely heavy board since I usually commute to work.
My first Trampa was a street carver, I liked it very much, it rode and looked ok, but there were some things that kept it from being the perfect board. I didn’t like the narrow hangers, the height/stance of the board and the square shaped deck, on the other hand when it was converted to urban carver with 7" wheels it looks weird and narrow. Unfortunately, months later it cought fire due a short on the VESC compartment, possibly caused by bullet connector shorting with the body of the charger.
Thanks to all support from the community after my Street Carver went into smoke, specialy from Atilla from @esk8 who shipped ne 2 antispark switches for free!! and support from @trampa to get a new board I was able to resurect The Phoenix.
I love the look of this deck, it’s just beautiful, the sbelt line at the center makes it even sexier:
I recycled 30Q batteries from an old project from a friend that couldn’t fly with them to Europe, so he sold them to me, they were pretty bad external shape, so I decided to change their isolation vynil.
Spotted weld them:
Packs were out of ballance:
So I decided to ballance them manually discharging them:
Worked on an enclosure design for the HS11/Hollypro deck from Trampa:
This was the final result, pretty flexible enclosure with plenty of space between pockets and deck to be able to run 12AGW wires, I used ruber hasket to seal the perimeter of enclosure.
Got a couple of @stewii VESC6, awesome quality:
Used fish paper between the packs in order to have an extra layer of protection:
Welded all packs with dual 12AWG wires:
Got some @goldenHusky antispark switches even though I burned 3 mosfets already, they are holding good on my Darth Maul. As he does no sell the on/off switches along with the antispark I got some 19mm ones that are holding pretty good:
I’ve heard that it’s pretty difficult to ride a Trampa MTB with Ultimate MTB trucks, so I purchased the carver base plate which has inner and outter position for springs and drilled the deck and hanger to accomodate inner position for the front trucks:
Here is the final VESC compartment, printed the VESC6 enclosure from thingyverse
I got the motors from Alien Power Systems 6374S 170KV, they look quality, however I got two designs on each can, one has lines around the can, the other one is smooth, they look weird when looking closely.
The motors also come with 10mm shafts, the pulleys are pretty difficult to get, so I took them to the lathe and machined them to 8mm
This time I went ahead and not used grub screws or keyways just straigh Loctite 620 and it’s working pretty good so far, I’m just worried on the possible scenario that I need to remove them, hope they come out fast.
I used 62T drive wheels from @kaly that I had laying around, so I went with 13T motor pullies fro sdp-si.com, I also purchased 12T and 14T in case I need more speed or more torque in the future. I used 375x15 belts, I might need to get the 370 as the motors are hiting the crossbars.
Battery capacity tester installed on the nose for easy reading while riding:
Board almost ready
Setting up @Ackmaniac FW on FOC, current settings: Motor Max 80A Motor Min -60 Battery Max 40A Battery Min -20A
Finally I got the meylan rear light which looks amazing.
Ready for a test ride, I’ll inform tomorrow how this thing eats the streets and potholes:
I’m waiting for the set of ABEC11 107mm flywheels, those will also be installed when I need more range and crazy acceleration in a ligher package.
I won’t use bindings on this build.