The Predator | Trampa Street Carver | 12S4P | Dual 6374 | Kaly motormounts and enclosure

I got this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHCHTS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1_

I’m still waiting on the bearings and spring retainers which I didn’t get on my first order, it’s been a month and a half since I placed the order for the street carver and 15 days since Ted told me he had shipped the pending parts to Lima PerĂș, so I’m still waiting to get them, as waiting even more was not an option I had to take some expensive decisions:

• Purchased 8 x R6ZZ bearings US$ 45
  • Ordered a fabrication of 8 springs retainers from a local workshop US$ 125
  • Ordered a fabrication for 4 bearing spacers US$ 40

This was for my street MBS wheels, so I have yet to try the board with the Supestars hubs on pneumatic tires because I don’t have the bearings here yet

Hi Alan, Ted shipped you the stuff ages ago. I will check for you again.

Frank

He already told me he had shipped the parts to Lima Peru but used a service with no tracking number, unfortunately this service usually takes 2 months to get here.

8 Likes

Shipped 23. of May. Two months sounds extreme.

Frank

Looking alien with those wire covers. :fearful: :+1:

1 Like

Yeah thought the same, some kind of Alien stuff :dizzy_face: IMO a little to big, like meshguard more, but rest of build is very nice BRO

Tomorrow I’ll change the wire covers for a wider ones in order to use only one and will try to hide them a little bit more. But I do like the predator look.

I’m having issues with the motor mounts moving a lot, too much torque maybe.

I’m thinking about mounting a motor mount support to attach them together, keep the mounts aligned, and protect them from stones and chips.

@idea would you be able to work on Kaly’s motor mounts?

I do not know the dimensions of this motor Mount. In addition, their construction makes it difficult to install crossbars. Maybe Kali can help you?

I’m finding with those mounts I really, really had to wrench down on the set screw and in a certain pattern to get them to stay put. I even broke a bit tightening
Ernesto knows the pattern.

I think you are right about a crossbar though helping to keep them straight. I don’t have my belts crazy tight either. One belt is perfectly lined up on pulley but the other has an over hang of about 1mm that I can’t tweak out. Close enough for me though.

If you want them to stay put permanently use 2 part epoxy

1 Like

@Landshark, I’m thinking about making a hole on the truck and adjust the screws until they go all the way in, use locktite and forget about the misalignment.

@will_manners Epoxy is not an option they eventualy need to come off

@Eboosted

I think one of the problems with the misalignment he was telling me is the fact one side of the hangar isn’t as square as the other. So I have one side that will square up pretty good but the other I can never get a right angle with.

I see you live in Lima, my wife’s side of the family live in La Molina and Cieneguilla. If you want the best beer in Peru try Cerveza Magdalena, its my brother in laws brewery, haha, so I support them 100%

[quote=“Landshark, post:75, topic:24597”]try Cerveza Magdalena [/quote]

It’s Saturday, beer sounds like a plan!

4 Likes

The hangers are forged and polished. This production method doesn’t allow super high precision, but therefore super high strength. In consequence the hangers are not 100% square. @Nowind (Jens) ads CNCed surfaces for extra precision.

Frank

That sounds like a complicated plan, almost impossible to accomplish in my town.

Would drilling a 3mm hole in the hanger in order to fit the motor mount locking bolt and keep it from moving increase the fragility of the hanger?

This is hands down the coolest E-board I have ever seen, just checked out your youtube videos, I am looking into building my first and you have inspired me.

-Weston

2 Likes

3mm is ZERO Problem! Do you want to drill all the way through?

Frank