The Rust Rocket | Bintang Deck | 10s4p | VESC | MBS All Terrain | Dual 6384 190kv

You can get them at any local hardware store and should be less than $1… the length really isint that important.

While your there I’d pick up some different loctite as well

Yeah i also have 620(Red) and 680 (Green). I also have 242(Blue), any more loctite needed? Anything in general actually for a more secure hold? I already loctited my motor pulley so i’d have to be careful when slipping it off the current mount.

Didn’t know you had green. That should be everything. I guess just more next time and the day to cure.

I don’t think I’ll use green on the mount though, That’s very permanent :’) if i wanted to change mounts in the future i’d be SOL. I didn’t put any loctite on the mount this tme at all and this was my mistake i think. Will also put some in the motor screws.

Oh yeah, loctite everything… literally everything…

UPDATE

Ran to the local hardware shop and got some m8’s. It never hurts to have a lot right? hopefully i never have to use them. At least not in frequent intervals…Anyways;

Picked up some DUCTape to hold the motor wires together as i forgot to do my braided sleeving.

I BLUE LOCTITED (?) EVERYTHING, this thing is mounted with perfection, torqued down like shit too. LIKE, this should NOT fail again. If it does i’m doing red, if red fails then i’m changing where my loyalty lies. i absolutely CANNOT be having to be worrying about this regularly because where i live has bumpy roads almost everywhere.

Just a pic of the belly of the beast. you can see the traces of blue everywhere… :smiley:

2 Likes

24 hours Later and loctite cured. Literal 24 hours down to the last minute, i couldn’t wait :joy: I gotta say. The loctite honestly seems to have done the trick knock on wood I went on some pretty rough routes today and i was honestly scared of the mounts vibrating off but they stayed solid. I still ran through them with a little more torque when i got home as a regular check up kind of thing. Some stats from today 5.08 Miles Max Speed: 27.1mph Average: 13mph drawn wh: 45 Average wh: 8.48

I can confidently say that i’m gonna get some nice range from this thing. Voltage dropped from 40.8v to 38.8v very solid.

VESC SETTINGS; Motor Max 50A Motor Min -60A Batt Max 30A Batt Min -6A Cutoff start:32v Cutoff end:28v

Will probably tweak some of these values for more power. The top end acceleration of this board is crazy nice, just when you think it’s done it keeps pushing. Eats all hills, accelerates up them easy.

Pics in the wild;

Let me know what kind of pics you wanna see :smiley:

7 Likes

Little update; 3D printed some nice pulley covers courtesy of @Apolo 08 AM

Matching color scheme of course… :smiley: Also realized i forgot to put neoprene in my enclosure on the electronics cause of fitment. I bought much thinner neoprene and i will try to fit it in in like a week or two. Cause i don’t want vibrations killing my battery. Has anyone gone neoprene-less?

6 Likes

Update; I went out on a ride today and noticed some weird sound coming from the motor plate. The mount is hooked up fine and i don’t think belt tension is bad, see video for what the tension is like, but there’s just this in and out movement on the mount when i am acceleration or carving to the right. I’m not sure if it’s the pulley of if my bearing is shot/core is bad. No idea what it could be. see video for reference. I don’t think it’s normal as it wasn’t doing this before. Only thing i changed on both motors was the angle that they sit at. I angled it a little bit more towards the deck for more clearance. Any help is appreciated

Video; https://drive.google.com/open?id=13TzeNw_2Ymx0bsm0QvjLxft8uUZ3Xtw1

Edit: paging @torqueboards

Thanks to @GrecoMan @JLabs i was able to fix the problem. Belt tension was way too tight. Also switched out the drive wheel for good measure. Changed out the bearings in the drive wheel as well as one was showing signs of pressure on it. All good to go now :D. 11 mile ride planned for the morning time :smiley:

3 Likes

11 mile ride successful :smiley:

Weirdly, I went over my motor max limit once, Wind was very high. No idea if this will have negative impacts on my vesc, this was at the beginning of my ride and i didn’t notice anything weird for the next 10 miles. No errors on phone either, I will increase the motor maxes once i get my BT module from @jlabs and i open the enclosure.

Other than it was a sick ride. I kinda got the pulley problem again :confused: but i think it was the angle of the motor that was the problem so i angled it down a little and it seems fine. Maybe i’ll get longer belts… Going to change the MBS wheels soon as i feel like the knurling does not let it run true.

Some stats from today’s ride Motor Max:40 (till i can change both) Max Speed: 36.5mph Distance: 10.89miles Voltage start: 40.8 Voltage end: 36.8 Average wh/mi : 9.53 Average speed: 15.79mph

Anyone have any suggestions on the next wheels i should get? :smiley:

2 Likes

Wheels: since you already have an abec style wheel pulley, try authentic flywheels in 97mm. If you can get a kegel style pulley, try the new boa 100mm wheels.

Quality wheels make such a difference.

I can imagine. I was thinking the new 97mm superflys or something along those lines, Simply because I already have the pulleys. I also know Jared sells some bomb ass clones so might go for those as an intermediary

No such thing.

Update Again, probably last update till i decide to change some mechanical aspects of the board. Rode the board till it died. Continuation from yesterday’s 10.89 mile trip. Rode an additional 7.12 miles before it went kaput. So a total of about 18.01 miles. I honestly thought i’d be getting over 20 miles but then again the terrain i was riding on was gradually elevated with lots of small inclines every so often. Plus an average of 16mph on both rides would no doubt have had an effect. Also aggressive constant acceleration rather than singular throttle position through the rides.

I also feel that i am not operating the motor at a good efficiency. I’ll bump motor max to 70a and batt max to 35a and i think that would be a sweet spot for the board. Any opinions on this?

Some stats from today’s ride Motor Max: 40 Max speed: 28mph Distance: 7.12 miles Voltage start: 36.8 Voltage end: 30 Average wh/mi: 9.5 Average speed: 16.52mph

Charging up from 0% to 100% is about 4.5-5 hours.

Random accel clip: https://youtu.be/4f-3BqDPufw

1 Like

Then apparently you haven’t tried them :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve actually heard good things about your wheels. But how do they differ from the rest of the clones?

Just A little update.

I added some braided sleeving as the zip ties were cutting into the cables. nothing exposed but i didn’t wanna risk it. Also added some less bulky neoprene to help with shock absorption. i had nothing in there previously so this is good. I like it because it’s not bulky and it does the job.

Last thing i’m waiting for is my TSG pass wink wink @JLabs and another BT module from the man himself.

In addition to this i upped my motor max to 60, batt max to 35. acceleration is improved. love it. will increase to 80 once module comes in.

3 Likes

What is the length of those trucks? I want to build something similar :smiley:

These are the TB 218mm trucks :slight_smile: