The ''STEALTH'' | Tayto BKB 31'' | New Shredder trucks | NLS Hubs | 10S6P | Focbox

First of all I want to thank all the Facebook ESKATE-DIY chat group for the help and support.

A bigger thanks to @danieloath to for all his help and support on building this DIY.

This is my first build and my second esk8 ( I have an Evolve GTX 2in1)

The whole idea came up when I wanted something more stealth than my current custom GTX.

It still a working progress, I’m open to tips and comments to improve the final result.

SETUP: -Tayto BKB 31’’ -Shredder trucks -Meepo NLS hubs -Meepo 100mm NLS wheels -Abec 11 bearings -Enertion FOCBOX Unity -Enertion Nano-X remote -106SP custom battery pack by @Tony_Stark with Samsung 30Q cell, 3000mAh, 15A discharge rate -BKB custom enclosure stacked version -Custom skull X-Things -Seismic Lokton Griptape ‘‘Ninja Pattern’’ -Venom bushings :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face: More to come…STAY TUNED…

After 3 weeks finally BKB made and delivered my Tayto 31’’ and my custom stacked enclosure… Happy as Larry :slight_smile:

IMG_0568 IMG_0569

Making sure that all fits right IMG_0571 IMG_0759 IMG_0761 IMG_0760 IMG_0866 IMG_0867

Custom battery pack! I opted for a 106SP custom battery pack with Samsung 30Q cell, 3000mAh, 15A discharge rate to make sure that I will obtain a ‘‘decent’’ range. IMG_0762 IMG_0765

Meepo ‘‘stuff’’ got delivered, installed and paired with the Enertion Focbox Unity IMG_0657 IMG_0658 IMG_0836 IMG_0837 IMG_0838 IMG_0839 IMG_0841

My Australian Samsung 30Q cells 3000mAh battery pack is almost ready :smiley:

IMG_0872

The bomb has just been delivered :bomb::bomb::bomb: :firecracker::firecracker::firecracker:

IMG_0869 IMG_0871 IMG_0873 IMG_0869 IMG_0887

Locked on the deck, clean and dusted… Ready to go!!! :fast_forward::fast_forward::fast_forward:

IMG_1020 :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

Tiffany blue deck with matching screws and new griptape :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart: IMG_0897 IMG_0902 IMG_0903 IMG_0909 !

Matching bolts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

IMG_0929

Custom X skull things in Tiffany’s blue :large_blue_diamond::large_blue_diamond::large_blue_diamond: IMG_1031

Quick change of bushings and test :smiley: IMG_1029

FullSizeRender-1 FullSizeRender-2 FullSizeRender

So happy! It is finally done! :heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck: My first DIY, can’t wait to properly test it! :fire::fire: I’m open to further suggestions and opinions :clap::clap::clap:

17 Likes

cool build, I was dreaming of doing this but with 12s6p.:grinning:

It that layout does not work out correctly there another layout.

https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/10s3p-for-jet-spud-29-ss/

2 Likes

@AlanZhou after seeing all your posts it appears you have a case of “battery envy”… batteries for carrying the weight of other batteries haha

1 Like

thats not the case lol :joy:

2 Likes

What type of inserts did you use to mount the enclosure? They look kinda weird in the photos.

And what are you planing to use as a seal?

Anyway, you’re gonna have some serious range with that many cells, good luck with the build!

sick build!

• just curious, why did you decide to opt for chinese hubs rather than more powerful ones?

Budget reasons.

2 Likes

Have not decided yet, still work on it. What would you recommend?

I was insecure between a 10s5p and 10s6p, then I thought that the whole idea of this build was to have something stealth with top range. That’s when I choose the 10s6p.

Nice build. Going to build on same deck soon!

Let me know how it goes and don’t forget to post some picture.

Will keep you posted when I do. Low-key broke AF atm but we’ll see :grin:

1 Like

Since you are open to tips allow me to recommend you to use these spacers:

The integrity of the battery will be much stronger reducing exponentially the chance of failure. Spacers also work as radiators keeping the battery cooler. The only downside is the increase in height but that can be solved with longer screws and rubber. If you press them properly the increase is barely a few mm.

Sure thing. Thanks for the hint.

Are you sure that it will fit? Max I could fit with vesc and BMS installed in normal stack config was 12s5p in that enclosure

which is plenty actually :+1:

Phillips heads and no washer :sleepy:

Screenshot_20190527-191224_Samsung%20Internet

2 Likes

Fuuuuuuck yo that’s just wrong

The person who is doing this build has confirmed that the 10s6p can fit

They are just there to make sure that the enclosure and deck stays together. Proper screws, bolts and spacers are on the way lol

What is wrong?

I could get into it… But it’s too late here.

Simply put - using a phillips head screw, in this day and age, is fucking wrong. It’s barbaric. It’s ugly, and it’s not durable. It’s like wiping your ass with pulp fiber instead of using a bidet. Downright SAVAGERY.

Please invest in some socket head hex cap screws, Torx, Robertson, flanged hex… just about anything other than phillips. It’s 2019 yo.