THUMPER | Trampa Holy Pro | Dual Trampa 118KV Motor | Trampa Motor Mount + 3D Printed Cover | Dual VESC 4.10 FOC Sensored | 42V 10AH Li.ion with 30A BMS | Metr.at Bluetooth Module | 2.4Ghz Remote

Yep I did, but thanks anyways :sweat_smile:

15° is for skate style trucks only! You don’t want these Trucks when building a E-MTB. Nowind has done it once and was not very convinced.

Frank

Thanks. I cannot afford a good E-MTB yet, 500€ for a normal trampa board is too much for me…

@trampa The idea to remove the dampa from the front spring is a really good idea to be able to carve harder in the city for a speed between 15kmh up to 30kmh. At 40kmh plus is too wobbly even with the dampa attached (yellow dampa).

Now I really feel like going around again with the eMTB in the city since it’s more safe to ride when you can corner easier. Maybe I should test removing the yellow dampa from the rear truck as well! :smiley:

@Davey

Yeah its true its no the best base for building an E-MTB. 35degree with Channeltrucks are much better for sure.

You should also tighten your Bindings and use your tows to lean further.

Frank

Yea I always do. I really love it without the dampa, it feels more lively.

Hey man, absolute awesome build! Which Underwater Kinetics boxes did you get and did you order them on their own site? I’m also looking into those. Got to ride a mountainboard last week and now I’m all hyped up haha. We should do some kind of meetup this summer (Utrecht hier), almost done fiddling around with the battery enclosure on my board.

Hey man! Thank you. I bought them from a spanish webshop when they were in promo. Sure we can do a meetup with some more riders too. Summer is coming and the weather is getting better. Btw, I invited you to the Netherlands message group.

1 Like

Hey I have the same setup but I’m lost with the vesc tool settings. Any chance you could post some screen captures ?

This is my VESC Motor Configuration. Please use your own FOC / BLDC motor setting as they are depending on your motor parameter.

1 Like

Awesome thanks I’m running 118 kv trampa motors

ok I have been reading for weeks but I’m a little slow at this stuff

I got everything working great when I unplug the trampa hall sensor plug running to the vesc

If I plug in the hall sensor and reboot the red light on the esc doesn’t flash and the vesc won’t connect to the bldc tool

Any ideas ?

Hall sensor operation have nothing to do with VESC / BLDC tool function since motor without hall would still be detected anyway. I also have once a faulty hall sensor and my VESC & BLDC tool still works. So I am not quite sure what are you facing with.

45max is more then enough. 60A will only decrease your performance (stator saturation). Motor min and battery min should have the same value. The lowest value will always count.

Frank

Hey Frank,

I’m having trouble getting to vesc to power on correctly with the hall sensor from the trampa motor connected. When will disconnect the hall sensor it responds correctly to the transmitter and bldc tool and red lights on the vesc flash followed by a solid blue light. When I plug in the hall sensor the vesc doesn’t flash red it goes straight to a solid blue light and it doesn’t connect to bldc tool with USB

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Usually works a treat straight away. Did you use the correct port on the vesc? I just plugged in my motor to vesc 4 and had no issue.

Frank

The one next to the USB, on the short side of the vesc.

So after a while, I have decided to move on with the project. Soon enough after I felt that I have finished with the board, I am still left unsatisfied. I feel that I could do alot more than this. Therefore I have decided to give it an upgrade starting by learning 3D and purchasing a 3D printer.

After few hours learning tutorial, I have end up creating a motor cover for Trampa eMTB motor. It looks like this.

3D Printed Results:

The split.

Slide in first part of the cover.

Covered.

And then I decided to give it a black paint job.

8 Likes

Wow - this is incredible! So do you mean you literally picked up the use of the software in a few hours? What are using? I’ve been threatening to do this for a while now but didn’t think I’d have the time. Maybe I do! :smile:

1 Like