THUMPER | Trampa Holy Pro | Dual Trampa 118KV Motor | Trampa Motor Mount + 3D Printed Cover | Dual VESC 4.10 FOC Sensored | 42V 10AH Li.ion with 30A BMS | Metr.at Bluetooth Module | 2.4Ghz Remote

Yes. I use autodesk fusion 360. Learned that by following video tutorial for 4-5 hours. Then learned about Cura and 3D printing for 4-5 hours. Just read alot, spent whole weekend.

Looks great laurnts! Do your motors have temp sensors? If not, be careful and try to touch the motor regularly on your first rides to check if it stays cool enough from merely the conductive heat transfer through the motor mount.

They have a temp Sensor. Trampa motors come with hall and temp Sensors. I would keep an eye on the temp. since your enclosure doesn’t seam to be very breezy. Did you see what I did with the motors? Official Trampa DIY thread - street and urban carve.

Frank

I agree it’s not a breezy cover, but I want it like this for now as we have alot of rainy days in the Netherlands. Later on I will do the @trampa urban setup with the metal mesh filter on the motor. The carbon fiber part of the motor cover would be replaced with 3D printed parts where I could easily see close or open for air.

Nevertheless the motor never gets really hot during ride, it only gets abit warm. My battery is not big enough to make the motor runs warm. I am also 60kg in weight, 120kv ish dual is just an overkill of torque.

Yesterday I finished 3D printed the belt cover, also finished and painted. It fits quite well but there are some areas where I need to sand down further so that the belt doesn’t touch the cover. I’ll make some photo soon.

1 Like

Perfect. I only print Taulmann 645 Nylon on a Tufnol Whale Brand plate (cold) and if you like you can dye it later, using dye colours for clothing. the Nylon picks up water and the colour in it.

Frank

I have printed these with PLA and I still have problem printing with ABS especially on a large model. Never tried Nylon, but it seems to be very convincing. Currently I just spray painted those, works as well (not so neat in the inside).

So these are the 3D printed motor cover with PLA.

There are few millimetre of miss here and there, but in general it fits. Maybe in the next print I will trim down area that almost touches the belt.

9 Likes

I also ride my eboard in Holland! (saw your post in the FB group). Is it not possible to slow down at corners and then jump and turn the board with the foot hook things you have? You’d maybe have to come to a complete stop for that I don’t know…

Yes its possible to slow down and use the binding to jump twist the board. It doesn’t have to be in complete stop!

Hi @laurnts, great build thread! I would love to join some rides with other dutch Eboarders soon too! I’m from near Haarlem and just finished the last few things on my board.

I do it all the time. I go super fast and have very tight trucks. I turn by hopping alot and its even easier if you are moving not stopped.

Just Sharing this Video for Fun. Also testing water resistant.

8 Likes

Thanks you guys got me out riding and it’s amazing

I need help smoothing some things out so I decided to make my own build forum so I don’t make a mess of yours

Any more pointers would really help thanks again and great build

Looks winterproof to me :slight_smile: Did you also use extra sealant or something on the 3d printed parts that close off the drivetrain and motors? Or just clamped them in?

How many amps do you pull when going full throttle on that beast btw? Saw on Trampa’s website the motors are rated 40a each.

Did you post your 3d drawing publicly?. Ive never tried 3d printing anything but id love my trampa to pop my 3d cherry :astonished:

1 Like

No not at the moment. I think the sizes (at some part) miss about 2mm.

@laurnts I was planning on designing some covers of my own and I came across your thread. I love your build by the way. Have you considered posting your motor covers to somewhere like thingiverse.com?

2 Likes

Hi, I just built my first dual 118kv trampa with 12s to each motor, struggling with the VESc config, could you tell me what needs to be changed

I wanted too but I need to revise the design abit to have a better fitting. I will upload once I have it done.

1 Like

Hmm thats alot of settings needed to be changed, I believe Frank from Trampa it’s self knows it best. I believe I posted my VESC configuration in above post.

1 Like