Tired of almost dying... MTB to EScooter

Yes, Décathlon Oxelo Dirt scooter 8" 119€ seams cool too … buy it 45€ second hand :blush:

If you wanna buy instead of build, this looks like a quality option, called the cycleboard

1 Like

I’m definitely going to build vs. buy. I’m not really into buying toys as building them is the fun part for me. I have an idea in mind and will begin to gather parts this week.

I’m thinking about building an electric sbyke, those thing just look fun :grinning:

That’s pretty much what I’m doing but from scratch. The deck is to short on a sbyke and the brackets for mounting are to low as well.

1 Like

Oh it’s a boy scooter (Love the kickstand!)

@flywithgriff don’t give up, it’s do-able! I’m feeling a lot safer now. Very few almost-died moments now. Mornings I’m bombing down Broadway, afternoons up 6th.

• After switching (for the moment) to dual 6355 belt, with A123 pack, plenty of brakes now.

• top speed 30mph I can ride with cars, which ironically feels a LOT safer. I try to shadow a car, so other cars which don’t see me don’t try to be where I am. From my crash I learned to always be aware of what’s around me, to the sides and rear, so my head is on a swivel.

• riding with cars, there’s a lot fewer things popping into my travel path as there was when I rode in bike lanes or along the parked cars.

• if not riding in car lanes, ride slow and be very vigilant

• I got dropouts with gt2b, it takes like a whole second to reconnect. mini remote gets dropouts but reconnects very fast

If you give up though sell me more parts :wink:

PS there’s at least one person that tried disc brakes, right? Regen braking seems sketch, so idiosyncratic. It’s nice to have redundancy.

Haha thanks for the solid advice! It’s more than just the danger, im also getting bored. My passion for this stuff is building more than riding. As of today I am working with Sbyke on an electric setup and should be getting their frame to prototype with next week.

1 Like

Do u have pics of yours? Going at same speeds as cars does sound good… so do u rely on just motor brake for these speeds?

I hear you. we need like a makerspace for LEV, hard to have a reasonable workshop in nyc area

1 Like

Not that a scooter or a skateboard is a car, but after 20 odd years of riding motorbikes. You need to own the road not the gutter… the dirty edge of the road is dangerous for all kinds of reasons. That said pushing your board down a freeway is suicide :head_bandage:

1 Like

@flywithgriff I’m not staying you should but it, I preferred diy myself but some food for thought :wink: perhaps it will help you with your design

Check out this product on Alibaba App 2017 New Style 36V 10.4ah Carbon fiber e scooter 2000w Mobility electric Scooter https://f2rq3.app.goo.gl?link=https://m.alibaba.com/product/60686899492/2017-New-Style-36V-10-4ah.html&apn=com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon&ibi=com.alibaba.sourcing&isi=503451073&amv=69

plop …

once ready :

10s5Ah VESC 4.12 6374 170kV (8x50T iso 5B by e-toxx) (yes, she use helmet :wink: safe photo taken in the garden.)

UPgrade: 12s8Ah FOCBOX 6374 130kV enclosed (9x36T)

And the new Mad one to come :crazy_face::call_me_hand: : More to come … :v:

6 Likes

Making a three wheeler w a skate truck on the back and two hub motors sounds nice. And easy

2 Likes

huuum, well see sir, twice the power :stuck_out_tongue:

Like says in the picture only topic, it’s just for the layout photo ^^
it’s will be a 2 wheels dirt scoot.
but what you just say could be even more easy to do and you don’t be limited to single motor ! I like it :blush:

What did you use for the throttle ?? I want to use vesc too but not sure what type of throttle i need

1 Like

a classic thumbs throttle if I can say, like this :

I directly connect the 3 pins in the ADC port of the vesc (just weld the wire to the good connector.

1st I take a right thumb, then I order a left one that I set in reverse (more like jetski gas, than quad gas)

2 Likes