To all the Casey Neistat haters :-p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7IAB38oFEs

Different product similar message

Yup. Not defending him, just saying :slight_smile:

The contracts require you to sell out and give misinformation/an edited opinion /review in exchage for free products or money.

1 Like

Ok, so let’s say he is a sell out, but I wouldn’t even known that this eskate thing is a thing without seeing it first in his videos. And now I’m hooked and here I am deep in DIY plans. Honestly I really don’t care if any of those YT stars get paid for any of that stuff, I mean - good for them. I just assume that everything is sponsored. But sometimes there are some good ideas you can take from the whole concept. And I definitely don’t blindly go and buy whatever some YTer says it’s absolute magic unicorn stuff. That would be like believing those TV ads that this new double triple burger is equally perfectly made IRL.

5 Likes

Same here, I’d never have gotten as much into esk8 if it wasn’t for Casey. I enjoyed his videos. I don’t mind him, he’s just tryin’ to make some money for his family, like the rest of us…

10 Likes

What ever happened to principles and being a good person…not ok to make a business out of lying to a loyal fan base. Even if he’s feeding his family with it. Just because some are smart enough to realize/accept the scam doesn’t make it ok either.
The mass media mentality is fucked and everyone seems to be ok with it :frowning:

Now I need to ride to cheer me up!!

I don’t get this. How does he lie to you or his fans? I don’t see any problem.

1 Like

Wait a second, he’s advertising a company, like everybody on the Internet, and not just there, does. You should hate linustechtips and all the other guys with advertising on their videos. If he was reviewing as a good product a shitty Chinese clone I would be upset too, but boosted is actually a good company with the least amount of problems (except last generation’s battery problem). It may be overpriced, but if I had the money and wanted a pre-built product boosted would be my first choice anyway. I agree he should have used a helmet from the first day, and he shouldn’t drive like that, and he shouldn’t drive drones in crowded areas, but you’re not going against him for the right reasons. And that “it’s paid by the Clintons”, you can keep it for yourself. Yes, he may be paid to advertise companies, but when it comes to politics that’s pretty much corruption, and don’t say that without proof. You don’t need to be paid to say anything is better than Trump.

1 Like

Hate is a super strong word when you (and most of us) don’t know him personally. Glad he’s got himself a helmet!

2 Likes

I’ve always found it odd to say you hate someone you don’t know personally (unless they’re a proven criminal or something).

Two of Casey’s favorite things are drones and e-skate. He’s always excited to try out even a non-Boosted board, so he’s not just pretending to like them.

Thinking someone is a jerk because he isn’t interested in YOUR stuff seems pretty selfish to me. He’s a celebrity and a dad, so he could’ve had any number of reasons to be extremely pressed for time. Or maybe dude’s just trying to concentrate on his run. He has mentioned in previous videos that he’s sorry for all the many, many people he doesn’t get to stop and talk to, and how he’s not trying to be rude, but just doesn’t always have the time.

6 Likes

Can blame a guy for wanting to take a run in peace. Getting your pace interrupted kinda blows. You me and every other ESK8er probably get a ton of people running up on them asking questions, but for every one person that comes up to one of us, he probably gets a hundred.

He’s stated a number of times that he’s not on Boosted’s payroll. Either way, Boosted makes some of the best ESK8s on the market, so I can’t really find fault with him liking or promoting them. Even if he was getting paid to promote Boosted, what would be wrong with that? It’s not like he’s out riding some other board while telling everyone how cool Boosted Boards are.

1 Like

haha @Mikeomania12

1 Like

There’s things about Casey I don’t like, but overall, he’s pretty down to earth and a interesting character. It takes some balls to go out in blizzard conditions and get towed by a 4x4 like your wake boarding.

And recently made a video about the new macbooks which I have to say was spot on with how I feel about it.

He may be a bit of a sell out at times, but he says a lot of bad shit about products also. He’s usually mostly honest about things…

2 Likes

I would have told you to go away also…

I admit to being a complete Casey fan boy. I was gutted when he stopped the vlog.

The thing is he has to make a living. There has to be some way he funds being able to spend all day making a vlog. It is hard work and time consuming. The brand sponsorship along with adsense money makes it viable to produce that content.

real reason he got a helmet. its cold af! and he wanted to ride without getting stopped every block for a selfie… lol

1 Like

Of course they bought him!! he fits right in with those phonies on CNN. Only further proves how fake he is.

I’d argue the opposite. the app is crap! The users will leave now that he did.

They probably paid 100x what it cost to make! :joy:

edit: nevermind he’s working for them to make propaganda… sad sad day…

1 Like

Now hes an official sell out