To all the Casey Neistat haters :-p

Hahahahahhahahahaha wait wait wait, why would it be a bad thing to sell beme? I don’t see anything bad in making money out of your own creations, and being able to develop them further even after having sold them

I’d watch his blogs once in a while, but now hearing what @Mikeomania12 had to say about him signaling to his head phones and telling him to go away… I’m unsubbed now

1 Like

Actually I think his personality is pretty much the same on cam as off. And I don’t necessarily see him as a typical nice guy, to me he’s more like a nice douchebag who sincerely doesn’t give a fuck what people think of him, not just pretending, with his wife very much resembling that. I’m always confused if I should like or dislike him, however his philosophy is a true inspiration to me anyway.

3 Likes

Then it’s time to hunt for that selfie with Casey wearing helmet :wink:

I will never understand why ppl have to make role model out of him or anybody else for that matter. You just have to take what he (or anybody else) says and let it simmer in your head for a while and then decide if it’s right or important or relevant for and to you. I would never take anything for a face value. It’s too dangerous and can be significantly misleading.

4 Likes

He makes good videos. Vloggs which i commented on in his channel were getting repedative and he knew it. Good on him for ending them. He would have been making a bit. But in the end his primary income BEME had his pay day.

So start a Vlogg mmm Jason Promote your business mmm Enertion. Bang wait for the buyer to come… Sell for millions. Im sure JP would love it if he just had to come up with the ideas.

I didn’t mean to say that he is a philosophical role model, for me to strive to achieve his worldview would be idiotic and indeed dangerous and misleading. I just am inspired by him if want it or not and reflecting on it repeatedly hasn’t changed that.

I’ve also seen a couple (at least a dozen now) videos of him… I like how crazy he rides in the streets!

He is basically passing every car… and I do wonder how he has got so lucky so far… not getting side bumped by a car or something… though, in one video it almost happened… and he also reported a fall with the board but I did not watch that video yet…

In general, I like his style (like the rest of the 6 Mil subscribers, probably :smiley:

Concerning the advertising of boosted… at least in the vids I saw… I’ve not seen him overly promoting them or giving them attributes which they seemingly dont have… From the vids it just projects a sense these boards are quite reliable and fast… Though I think in at least 2 if not more videos, he said he has ran out of battery power… or that he needs to find a place to charge…(which might project / give off a feeling that the range is seriously lacking… but hence he does not share distance driven it is hard to guess that…)

It’s not hard to pass every car in NYC. I do that pushing. The traffic goes so slow here that it’s faster to skate than to drive. The bigger worry than getting bumped by a car is opening doors, taxis, and peds.

Casey is back without a helmet lol

it’s in the back here

I think he takes it off for video. hard to talk to a camera with a full face helmet on :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess its better to take your helmet off so its a convenience to video tape and easier to become a brain salad on the pavement after getting hit or falling. Because the latter would be a very inconvenient situation IMO.

I am not a huge Casey Neistat fan, but I will admit he is the reason why I even know esk8 is a thing. I saw him on youtube about a year ago and have been fascinated by the idea ever since. I think he is nuts for driving through all that traffic without a helmet, but I understand why he doesn’t. I’m waiting to receive my first esk8, but I never wear a helmet on any other deck because I know how to fall and at this point in my life it’s mostly transportation - this old dog isn’t trying to learn too many new tricks. I won’t take the chance with an electric board because I know increasing speed multiplies the chance that I will eat curb.

I never wore a helmet skating before I took up Esk8. After the first couple days, I picked up a helmet. Everything happens a lot faster on an Esk8. 20+mph on a skateboard is something you have to take seriously. I now wear a helmet whenever I skate. Even though I’ve never needed a helmet skating before, it only takes once.

4 Likes

This was the same with me. Hopefully Everyone goes with this and mentality.

At the end of the day he is an adult. Hes just been lucky to not have a serious incident. Some people just feel invinsible. As for his Channel I think it has run its coarse, but he still has 6mill subs and growing and he isnt event posting as much any more. Its the you tube model as anything he posts goes straight to recommended in box of everyone. Hes done well. You cant knock that.

Whata freaking douche bag. He pointed at his headphones and wouldn’t even acknowledge you? Haha. Wow. That guy is a prick.

Positive role model? Lol

The salt is real.

1 Like

Maybe he was on a conference call with Boosted.

3 Likes