It is about damn time. I have consumed about a 1000 articles, builds and youtube videos and I am about ready to put one together myself. This board totals right around $830. The goal is to be able to get me to and from the train that takes me to work. Beats getting another car payment. (Pictures will be coming soon)
Please feel free to add any opinion, suggestion, shaming or anything else you might think of.
Let’s just jump right into it.
- Deck - Honey V3 Deck - $120
- Grip Tape - $8
- Trucks - Torque Board trucks - $65
- Risers - $2
- Wheels - 97mm Longboard Flywheel Skateboard - $30
- Battery - 2x Turnigy 5S 5000MAH Lipos - $103
- Motor - MOTOR 6374 190KV - $120
- VESC - TORQUE ESC VESC - $100
- Motor mount - DIY Skateboard - $60
- Pulley System - 36T ABEC PULLEY COMBO KIT - $46
- Black Silcone Wire - $4
- Anti Spark Switch (Or a poor mans on and off button) - $6 * Xt90 Y 2f1m connectors (To connect the 2 batteries in series and to connect to the anti spark key) - $20
- Remote Controller - MB Nano - $60
- LED Lights - $12
- Helmet - $30
- Charger - Lipo Balance Charger - $30 *Need to get cords to connect my Lipo batteries to the Balance charger… Will add those in later.
If I have missed anything please add or if you think the build could be faulty for any reason. Thanks in advance!