๐Ÿ‚ ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿšƒ To the train build with parts lists and links!

It is about damn time. I have consumed about a 1000 articles, builds and youtube videos and I am about ready to put one together myself. This board totals right around $830. The goal is to be able to get me to and from the train that takes me to work. Beats getting another car payment. (Pictures will be coming soon)

Please feel free to add any opinion, suggestion, shaming or anything else you might think of.

Letโ€™s just jump right into it.

Board:

Propulsion System:

!

Other:

If I have missed anything please add or if you think the build could be faulty for any reason. Thanks in advance!

Spend the extra $50 for a focbox or ESCape

8 Likes

That much better? @E1Allen

1 Like

Yes. Especially for single motor

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback!

you might want a couple of these to monitor your batteries individual cell voltages and help you avoid over discharging. https://www.amazon.com/LingSY-Battery-Voltage-Checker-Indicator/dp/B01MQSHS4N/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522640978&sr=8-3&keywords=lipo+voltage+alarm

3 Likes

Solder and connectors! Also an enclosure

2 Likes

@Namasaki - I just heard about this! Thanks for throwing a link in here!!! I appreciate you!

1 Like

@ARetardedPillow - I was thinking about doing the spraypainted sandwich container from Target for the enclosure. Probably wont buy it until I have all the parts and know what I need to try and fit in with.

I am thinking about trying to create the XT90 Y connectors myself instead of ordering them from China. Probably need to think through it a bit more though.

Thanks for commenting!

@Sampreston I have a Loop Key Set which I havenโ€™t listed yet but it uses 4mm HXT battery connectors not XT90. Might interest you as you wonโ€™t need to buy any soldering irons, wires, etc.

2 Likes

see http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/i-regret-all-of-those-clone-flywheels-ive-bought/37980/14

1 Like

Do i need this Canโ€™t I just set a safe cutoff voltage on my focbox?

1 Like

Good Question!

Thank you @Acidfie! I really appreciate you. Just took a look and might have to go with the Kegels, now.

1 Like

the thing i learned from this hobby: โ€œwho buys cheap buys twiceโ€

2 Likes

This is how everybody should be approaching their first builds. Good foundation of knowledge, researched first.

But yeh I +1 the focbox. With single drive you want a good esc

My single drive build totalled to $890 or something

3 Likes

Hey Sam, seems like you did your research! Good job! I always love it when people read for a few days before posting a build thread :smiley:

Speaking of that, I have some flywheel โ€œclonesโ€ for sale, but they arenโ€™t like all of the other available. The reviews they have are great and people say they ride almost as good as genuine flywheels.

I also have some other parts available if you are interested. Let me know if you have any questions!

3 Likes

haha - I am trying to balance keeping the cost down, but also want to put the best items on the board. It is hard to think through that the more expensive option is actually the more cost-effective option.

@Acidfie

1 Like

Love buying from people on this forum! Thanks for posting this @JLabs!

1 Like

yeah its complicated to find the sweet spot between costs and effectiveness

1 Like