Torque Kit doubts

It is my first build, but I have some doubts. I read a lot but I got confused also a lot. I am ready to order this stuff below and I have 2 major questions. Is this battery more powerfull than it should be for the vesc? (close to 60K VESC limit) and 2. Will the focbox make my ride safer?( I mean does it worth the plus 100$)

Electric Skateboard Motor 6380 170KV (single motor) torque VESC 12S4P battery

Thanx guys

imo, focbox is totally worth it.

7 Likes

‎ second

5 Likes

If you are going to go with that battery I would recomend using a focbox because it is much more reliable at 12s and it is on sale for $138.

2 Likes

You are still under the 60k ERPM limit if thats what you are worried about. Even at FULL CHARGE you are at 59976 ERPM with that setup. 51408 ERPM nominal.

1 Like

agreed…

char

1 Like

Isn’t this dangerously close?

I would feel confident running a focbox on 12s for sure. @Deckoz runs 13S on his focboxes just fine.

1 Like

So FocBox it is. Do you see any reason to change the 12S4P to 12S2P?

1 Like

To a 12S2P? Just less power, less range, less torque… Maybe save some weight?

1 Like

Less battery life

1 Like

OK I got it. I guess I got confused on the ERPMs. I will just change to FocBox and keep the rest as it is. Thanx

lowering the amount of cells in series will decrease max erpm

lowering kv of motor will decrease max erpm*

I think you should stick with the battery you have though, if you take away from the S or the P cells youre going to have a less powerful(torque and topspeed) /shorter range like gronzniy said

1 Like

As someone who runs Torqueboards pretty exclusively I would say you can run the torque esc’s and don’t necessarily need a focbox. I’m running 12s4p on dual torque vescs and she runs great, that said, nothing wrong with spending the extra bit.

2 Likes

I would recommend the FSESC 6.6 Single if ur going with a single build. And opt for the heatsink version I run these motors with the single and dual 6.6 version from flipsky with no issues

2 Likes

I agree, I have 12s dual tb vescs running fine. @mmaner can probs say the same

5 Likes

Yep, a single and a dual The dual is my kids, over 2 years and 100s and 100a of miles.

2 Likes

Erpm isn’t really a thing with focbox, especially in foc. Build around your battery, you DON’T want it to be the weak point.

2 Likes

If anyone could help me with the pulleys. I read that teeth makes difference to speed and distance. So if I am correct in my situation while torque and miles (hilly area) needed at the expese of speed I chose 14 motor pulley and 38 wheel pulley. We are talking about 97 or 100 size wheels and single motor.

you can calculate your ideal gearing here. http://calc.esk8.it/ as your motor kV and battery voltage already fix you will have more torque with less calculated speed (and the other way round)