Torqueboards v4 mount (it's sooooo sexy)

@delta_19 - You did buy first :slight_smile:

Instead of having to clamp down so hard. Add in heatshrink in the gap which you see. They help seal up the inconsistencies in these casted trucks as they vary slightly.

Unfortunately, with a one piece clamp. Add a piece of heatshrink - you barely need just one heatshrink. Helps for keeping it rock solid and not shifting. Works fine without the heatshrink you just have to bolt it down harder.

I prefer to add the heatshrink as it has many benefits.

1 Like

Psychotillers mount has a larger opening so a motor pulley can be positioned closer to the motor.

Would seem that would help using wider belts and or prevent the pulley from contacting the mount and grinding if it became loose or shifted.

Is that worthwhile feature or is there downside of larger opening?

like not scratching your trucks…

but hmm didnt think of that, thanks for the tip man.

Closest position to the motor is about 2-3mm away from the Truck Base with this mount. Just FYI. My motors also now have a spot for a keyway

I absolutely agree with this. There needs to be washers on these points. No bones about it.

I wanted to put washers on the motor bolts but because of belt clearance, I would have either needed very thin washers or to change from the heavy duty allen bolts to the button screws which strip easier. Since I need to be able to tighten and loosen and re-tighten the motors periodically, I prefer the heavy duty allen bolts. Plus I would imagine that flat washers would make it easier for the bolts to loosen under vibration.

looks great! Nice shim idea!

I use tiny little lock washers on mine. Seems to actually be better with vibrations since you can get more torque on the bolt without deforming the aluminum underneath.

1 Like

lock-tight is on tomorrow i ride, maybe idk yet.

Yep! And where the head of the bolts pass over the slots, there is structural weakness there. Washers would spread out the load more evenly. WIth locktite, I think everything should be fine as far as loosening issues. Icing on the cake. :v:

Remounting my brackets and giving the heat shrink a try. I have to say, you where right, the heat shrink does work better than metal shims.

1 Like

just rode with the new mount 8km in total…

i liked it, got a special feeling in my stomach was either love or indigestion… we did have mess steaks for dinner so… yeah.

also my remote had some dead batteries so that made things interesting like my esc wanting to go in reverse when im holding forward on my remote.

@torqueboards do you have v3 motor mounts still available because I have this mount already but I want another to match to make my board a dual drive

@Titoxd10001 Tito I have a small batch of the current but once they are gone only the new mount will be available.

Okay @torqueboards I will put “v3 motor mount 5 piece” in the order note

Where do you buy? I couldn’t find em on your site

just buy the v1 mount and ask in the order notes.

Re-positioned my mounts for more clearance to allow for full Allen heads and flat washers.

7 Likes

Dude … How the heck is that so clean!

Thanks Bro! It’s the newest offering from Torqueboards. Simple, clean and very solid! Feels like a welded mount. No flex, No movement. Oh, did you mean clean as in no dirt? If that’s what you meant, well, it’s brand new…