Trampa build need help

If it works you might be lucky… The ramp step error destroys DRVs

@Martinsp I won’t try it! I’ll switch to FW 3.26 this week

@rich No absolutely don’t try it. I meant it that you got lucky and the high current ramp step did not destroy your vesc before you noticed that.

My vesc’s are all back working sensorless but the hall detection still fails with the latest software :frowning:

1 Like

@Oozytoast do you see the detected hall sensor table when doing motordetection (not FOC)? Could be you have also cold solder joints somewhere.

Great you ordered spur gears from @nowind ! Did you ordered short shafts somewhere in case you use the spur gears with your trampa motors?

I’ve never used them, only bench test… :wink:

That is probably the reason it didn’t break… I believe that is how I killed my Maytech VESC…

I was thinking I would just cut the shafts and I will try bldc mode thanks

I think you’ll miss a lot of fun without sensors no matter if belts or spur gears! When i experienced the difference i can tell you more…

Yeah I just need a way to tell if it’s the motors or the vesc that’s the problem

I’m sure it’s the vesc… which manufacture or shop you get it? I have 4 cheap vescs and as i wrote only one sensor port worked (now 2 :smile:)

I will never ever buy cheap…

Diy electric skateboards / tourqe boards I think

Just went for a ride on the board after setting up the foc mode and the cogging is bad on grass hills, next I will try bldc mode. I would really like to know if there is a way to test the hall sensors before I spend 800$ on new vesc’s

Again, as i said do motor detection in BLDC and see if the text is:

HALL SENSOR DETECTION FAILED OR DETECTED HALL SENSOR TABLE

below Integrator limit and BEMF Coupling.

If one vesc detects the hall sensor and the other vesc doesn’t, take the motor from the “bad” vesc and connect it to the “good” one and start motor detection again. Then you should know if both hall sensors are working and if you have one bad vesc.

In my case it was just one single cold solder joint on the sensor port of the vesc which is not visible with the eyes, even on the close picture i couldn’t see it. You need experts like @JohnnyMeduse who can save your life (and vesc)!

I’m sure you can talk to @torqueboards in case of a faulty vesc but try motor detection first.

Still fails on bldc

I ordered vesc 6 s I sure hope they are as good as people think they will be

1 Like

Bad! The same results on both vescs?

Anyway vesc 6 is the best option!

It is the same on both

So I just switched to bldc mode with the startup boost to 0.09 and it’s much better performance

No more cutoff happening

It’s much noisier of course

Hey, does your system work now? Mine works so fine now, take a look:

Got all my new components but my vesc6 doesn’t seem to update any ideas @Nowind @trampa

1 Like

1 Like